Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are still competing for the European places we will spend money, if we arent, theres no point in "wasting" money in January.

Dont make me laugh, Martinezs idea of improving the team is loaning an injured yard dog like TreeA or overspending on utter tosh from Russia like McGeady and Niasse and before you say it, we are paying McGeady on utter fortune each week.
Bought: the best goal to game ratio goalscorer at the club for decades
Bought: the best central midfielder we've had since Arteta.
Bought: established Argentinian international CB.
Bought: lads who are now first teamers like Holgate, Galloway, Deulofeu.
Brought on to be England regulars: Barkey and Stones.

The Niasse and McGeady losses are well paid for...and then some. In Bold are players who will provide Koeman's transfer money for the next two seasons.

Bought: the best goal to game ratio goalscorer at the club for decades
Bought: the best central midfielder we've had since Arteta.
Bought: established Argentinian international CB.
Bought: lads who are now first teamers like Holgate, Galloway, Deulofeu.
Brought on to be England regulars: Barkey and Stones.

The Niasse and McGeady losses are well paid for...and then some. In Bold are players who will provide Koeman's transfer money for the next two seasons.

I was talking about January.

Only a fool would pick holes in El Fraudos Summer dealings, he did some good work, the Winter windows not so much, BUT, it is a hard month for value and availability, thats why personally I cant see us doing a great deal, UNLESS we are still firmly in the mix.
Regardless of position (and it'd have to be a complete disaster if we're not within reach at least of a EL spot after Christmas) he's got to bring a second striker in. The season will be a write off if Lukaku is injured for any extended period of time.

Regardless of position (and it'd have to be a complete disaster if we're not within reach at least of a EL spot after Christmas) he's got to bring a second striker in. The season will be a write off if Lukaku is injured for any extended period of time.

Well we are still on course, im just saying, if we drop like a rock and start letting no marks like Southampton and Watford nip ahead of us I see no point in spending money to secure 9th.

Well we are still on course, im just saying, if we drop like a rock and start letting no marks like Southampton and Watford nip ahead of us I see no point in spending money to secure 9th.

Doesn't have to be just that though. It should also be seen as getting a new player in half a season ahead of schedule and bedding them in.

I see nothing wrong with this Dave. Agree completely.

Rooney would be a marketing tool, a player that attracts other players.

THINK

Former Manchester United and ex England captain before long...if he went to US or China then hed be a marketing tool, coming to us im not sure how powerful that would be?

If we had a lot of younger players in the side then i could understand bringing him in so he could add experience, but we wont.

Koeman is a smart man and he is encouraging the team and individuals to raise their standards. Lukaku's general all-round play is so much better than it was last season, he is scoring blinders for Belgium and free-kicks from outside the box. Koeman is about winning, dominating football and the potential at Everton is far greater than he had at Soton. We were very unlucky against Burnley and you have to give credit to the opposition sometimes. Their winning goal was a great finish, we need to be more clinical as Koeman has been saying.

Former Manchester United and ex England captain before long...if he went to US or China then hed be a marketing tool, coming to us im not sure how powerful that would be?

If we had a lot of younger players in the side then i could understand bringing him in so he could add experience, but we wont.

Record English goalscorer, 3 goals away from being Uniteds, he would open doors.

Honestly Zat, I really do not understand your obsession with youth, I mean when I play FM, I do it, I lower the ages of most players and buy ALL the wonderkids, in a game it works, when I know the PA of the players, their adaptability it works. You want to keep a group of players who stay together and win the lot, its what I always do in FM.

But in the real world, young players are inconsistent, young players have massive unchecked egos, some young players dont adapt to new leagues, some young players dont have the required mental or physical strength to play in this league. Thats why Ronny normally favours the over 25s.

Record English goalscorer, 3 goals away from being Uniteds, he would open doors.

Honestly Zat, I really do not understand your obsession with youth, I mean when I play FM, I do it, I lower the ages of most players and buy ALL the wonderkids, in a game it works, when I know the PA of the players, their adaptability it works. You want to keep a group of players who stay together and win the lot, its what I always do in FM.

But in the real world, young players are inconsistent, young players have massive unchecked egos, some young players dont adapt to new leagues, some young players dont have the required mental or physical strength to play in this league. Thats why Ronny normally favours the over 25s.

It's simple really. If you want to have the best players then either:

A-- Compete with Man City / Read Madrid
B -- Sign and develop young players

Now, as we cant compete with clubs for the top stars we need to bring in players to develop...look at how much Dortmund, Munich and the rest are spending on them because even they cant sign the superstars.

Look at Rooney, we sold him for £20mil+ over a decade ago...now our manager is saying he would bring him back when hes clearly in decline.

Totally illogical, much better to spend the money on an 18 year old who has the potential to be top class....better to buy the young Rooney than the old one...

Like Man Utd did.

It's simple really. If you want to have the best players then either:

A-- Compete with Man City / Read Madrid
B -- Sign and develop young players

Now, as we cant compete with clubs for the top stars we need to bring in players to develop...look at how much Dortmund, Munich and the rest are spending on them because even they cant sign the superstars.

Look at Rooney, we sold him for £20mil+ over a decade ago...now our manager is saying he would bring him back when hes clearly in decline.

Totally illogical, much better to spend the money on an 18 year old who has the potential to be top class....better to buy the young Rooney than the old one...

Like Man Utd did.

Option B would be great, but for it to work you really need these youngsters to come through together. You unearth a centre mid, he becomes a regular. Great. Following year you unearth a winger, he becomes a regular. Great. Continue this cycle, ignoring the fact that these young players will be inconsistent because, well, they're young, you'll never get a starting 11 from it. Players will move on, some won't be able to maintain it at the top level etc.

What we need is a blend of young players, like lukaku, Barkley and delofeu and older players like Williams, Baines, jags etc.

I'm not bothered about bringing Rooney back, but I can see the logic in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back