Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect the manager to be off then before he has seen his contract out.

The manager is ambitious shame we are not of the same mould.

If the manager is expecting a MASSIVE transfer window then maybe he should leave, cos that would suggest he hasnt the first idea about the Winter transfer window.

Im sure Ronny isnt a clueless lil bish like certain fans tho, he will be realistic.

I,m sure the manager is not as gullable as our fans.
Everyone is gullible when it comes to these blokes..

latest

If the manager is expecting a MASSIVE transfer window then maybe he should leave, cos that would suggest he hasnt the first idea about the Winter transfer window.

Im sure Ronny isnt a clueless lil bish like certain fans tho, he will be realistic.

LoL, if he does go it might the best thing to happen for the future of the club.

I think Ronny does,nt do flip flop like some fans.

I don't know why this is even being talked about. He's just getting started and I'm not blaming him for us not being like Bayern and Barca.

Think back a few months to when we were looking at possible replacements for Martinez. Who was in the frame and how are they going?

Mourinho, Frank De Boer, Emery - has he improved PSG?

I expect us to be competing at a higher level a year from now after the next two transfer windows, and I'm confident that we will be.

Only time i can ever remember a 'massive' winter transfer window from a club was the one after City got taken over on the last day of the summer one - so obviously had limited time to spend during it, and they are a different league in terms of what finances they had available to us youd have to say.

Besides that the only teams that tend to do multiple deals and tend to be the biggest spenders during it are teams on there arse and trying to spend to stay in the division like Newcastle did last season etc

Be happy as a pig in [Poor language removed] if we brought in one player who'd improve the starting 11 - anything more than that is pipe dreams

Only time i can ever remember a 'massive' winter transfer window from a club was the one after City got taken over on the last day of the summer one - so obviously had limited time to spend during it, and they are a different league in terms of what finances they had available to us youd have to say.

Besides that the only teams that tend to do multiple deals and tend to be the biggest spenders during it are teams on there arse and trying to spend to stay in the division like Newcastle did last season etc

Be happy as a pig in [Poor language removed] if we brought in one player who'd improve the starting 11 - anything more than that is pipe dreams

We did show a few years ago (11/12 season) just how you can change the trajectory of a season in the winter window though, even with limited resources.

Gibson, Donovan (short term), Pienaar and Jelavic all came in in that window.

We finished 7th, got to the FA Cup semi (and that's all I will say on that matter) and had a brilliant second half of the season overall despite the worst summer transfer window I can remember.

This year's window wasn't bad at all - we just failed to add one or two more which would have added more of a balance, but still we've improved.

We did show a few years ago (11/12 season) just how you can change the trajectory of a season in the winter window though, even with limited resources.

Gibson, Donovan (short term), Pienaar and Jelavic all came in in that window.

We finished 7th, got to the FA Cup semi (and that's all I will say on that matter) and had a brilliant second half of the season overall despite the worst summer transfer window I can remember.

This year's window wasn't bad at all - we just failed to add one or two more which would have added more of a balance, but still we've improved.

I know mate, i just am donning a pessimist/realist hat for this one, yeah we could indeed do something amazing, but reality is likely that we won't and will just add one squad player etc who makes not much impact.

Looking at the squad we have two massive holes in there, a second striker who isn't terrible and a genuine quality 3rd central midfielder who can genuinely compete with Gueye, Barry and step in/start ahead of either at times.

Looking at the last week or so, linked with Strootman - absolutely no chance on earth he's leaving Roma, especially for the figures mentioned and with Roma pushing for the league title and in Europe still etc, just really lazy journalism even running this as a potential story/transfer.
The Napoli lad - whose been frankly rubbish this season and as nothing has changed there end - indeed with their starting striker out long term and Zaza one of there targets already having moved, makes it basically rubbish paper links
Rooney - who no way on earth Mourinho will let go mid season to someone whose currently above them in the league and with Uniteds start to the season, letting him leave and him performing well for us whilst they maybe contuinued struggling would be a massive stick for the press and fans to beat him with all year.

Any business we do will be either a punt that surprises or a squad filler to give a bit of depth, can't see any serious business being done by us or indeed most of the top 7-8 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back