Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez side played totally differently to Moyes side...

That doesn't change the fact that - as much as I defended RM - it's clear that a major reason for the success in his first season was that he had a solid base to work from.

If a team doesn't concede lots of goals, it's much easier to come in and implement a philosophy of 'total football' upon that.

I'm not taking that away from RM, but it's clear given his second and third year that that was the case.

Sweet Lord,does anyone else not care the slightest about Martinez or Moyes?
Every thread. It's endless.
Nope not me. I want every thread to be @davek saying 'what people need to acknowledge is that we played sublime football under Martinez, undoing all the horror of Moyes and won the 72 point trophy despite a team full of snides. Koeman must not undo that!' then 6 pages of everyone else saying ' you what?? Stop talking rubbish' then Dave saying 'can we stop taking about Martinez please he's in the past'.

Koeman though...decent start. Defence looks better, attack could be more adventurous but hopefully it'll come. Needs a replacement for Barry in the next two windows.

Nope not me. I want every thread to be @davek saying 'what people need to acknowledge is that we played sublime football under Martinez, undoing all the horror of Moyes and won the 72 point trophy despite a team full of snides. Koeman must not undo that!' then 6 pages of everyone else saying ' you what?? Stop talking rubbish' then Dave saying 'can we stop taking about Martinez please he's in the past'.

Koeman though...decent start. Defence looks better, attack could be more adventurous but hopefully it'll come. Needs a replacement for Barry in the next two windows.

Hahahahaha

So am I. So will Ronny K.
Just can't see Davies being thrown in. He's looked a bit out of place when on as a substitute in games. He needs 70 minutes but maybe not against Chelsea. I get the 'sink or swim' argument but he'll become the story in that game and if he makes a mistake or has a horror show it may curtail his development. I'd prefer to see him eased in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back