Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people see the difference though. Current 2nd best defensive team in PL. Fact.

Yeah but it's all about balls being swung back into the box now mate, you didn't know?

It's a major flaw in our defensive play apparently and something which must not be overlooked in any point scoring exercise, especially when trying to detract from the good points of the teams defensive improvement.

What in sweet baby Jesus are you waffling on about?

Go and study our defence under Martinez for the last 2 seasons, come back with your findings and then apologise to everybody for spamming the forum with your over use of the place and and also filling this Koeman thread with absolute piffle.
True the defensive record under martinez might have been poor but its all about feelings- how did you feel watching it? Were you not entertained? Silly boring defensive football should be put to pasture. While we're at it lets bring Howard back because he created goals galore- never mind they were for the opponent.

Most people see the difference though. Current 2nd best defensive team in PL. Fact.
Imo that's a statistic more down to the number of bodies behind the ball than drilling that back four + GK. No one can tell me that apart from Williams, who is a bona fide defender, the rest of the defensive unit are better than they were last season. Coleman? No, still gets under the ball and loses focus on position. Jagielka? No, lost his man for the City and West Brom goals and giving daft pens away.

I know we're not. As noted, we're conceding from balls into the box...and I think it comes about when an initial attack from the opposition breaks down and then the ball is swung back in...which underlines surely that we are not drilled as well as we're hearing right now?
Most goals are scored from inside the box, that's generally how footy works. Are you suggesting we build a wall around the 18 yard box?

Imo that's a statistic more down to the number of bodies behind the ball than drilling that back four + GK. No one can tell me that apart from Williams, who is a bona fide defender, the rest of the defensive unit are better than they were last season. Coleman? No, still gets under the ball and loses focus on position. Jagielka? No, lost his man for the City and West Brom goals and giving daft pens away.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Maybe the benefit to not getting carved to pieces through the middle of the park now under Koeman means teams will look to make more crosses against us, thus the higher chance of conceding from one?
IMO they dont initially do that though. They try and play tho=rough us then knock one into the box when they get a second bite of the cherry...and we're generally not ready for it.

Stop being obsessed with David by talking to him mate
some-might-call-me-obsessed-i-say-i-m-not-obsessed-i-just-get-really-attatched.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back