Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had lapses, granted, but for the most part we've been fine with dealing with balls into the box.

Williams cleared tonnes against City and then they got one. Same with Palace.

Boro was a foul.
Balls looped back in the box like the one against Boro (the GK soft attempt at it), Coleman not putting Benteke under against Palace; Jagielka and Mirallas getting done at the backpost v WBA, Williams and Jagielka go walkabout against City when Nolito scores.

Sorry, but if that's us in the first 10 games getting done four times from crosses that weren't anything to write home about.

Just watching the Koeman press conference there. I'm staggered: he laughs at the Passarella comment that Mori should captain Argentina. Why on earth would a manager do that? He's just been part of a winning team for him last week and he's knocking the players confidence with that.

There's jus no need for it. He needs to learn a few diplomatic skills.

The bit he laughed at was when Passarella had suggested he replace Messi. He then said he wasn't the person to ask about that and then said RFM is a good defender and has the right character to be captain

Dave, you are taking this WUM stuff to the limit here bud

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Balls looped back in the box like the one against Boro (the GK soft attempt at it), Coleman not putting Benteke under against Palace; Jagielka and Mirallas getting done at the backpost v WBA, Williams and Jagielka go walkabout against City when Nolito scores.

Sorry, but if that's us in the first 10 games getting done four times from crosses that weren't anything to write home about.

What in sweet baby Jesus are you waffling on about?

Go and study our defence under Martinez for the last 2 seasons, come back with your findings and then apologise to everybody for spamming the forum with your over use of the place and and also filling this Koeman thread with absolute piffle.

Apart from Spurs, it would appear we have been caught out less than anyone else in the division, life's better in the glass half full set, give it a try, you might like it.

we're not going to go through all 38 games without conceding ha

we're not going to go through all 38 games without conceding ha

I know we're not. As noted, we're conceding from balls into the box...and I think it comes about when an initial attack from the opposition breaks down and then the ball is swung back in...which underlines surely that we are not drilled as well as we're hearing right now?

I know we're not. As noted, we're conceding from balls into the box...and I think it comes about when an initial attack from the opposition breaks down and then the ball is swung back in...which underlines surely that we are not drilled as well as we're hearing right now?

Most people see the difference though. Current 2nd best defensive record in PL (this season). Fact.

Maybe the benefit to not getting carved to pieces through the middle of the park now under Koeman means teams will look to make more crosses against us, thus the higher chance of conceding from one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back