Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman Tactical breakdown thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think us fans need a reality check, we can dream someone of the ilk of Mourinho could be persuaded to Everton but we all know the likelihood of that happening is zero...

Maybe Koeman is the best of what we can get, but would he leave Southampton for Everton? At the moment?

Proven manager across 2 seasons in the premier league after having to sell his best players and sustain a 47.78% win percentage and a +44 goal difference from his 90 games.

I`d like Everton to be where Southampton are now, of course there is no guarantee with any manager. No guarantee that Mourinho would be able to do anymore with our squad than Roberto has, look at Chelsea this season they have a lot better players than we do.

I do believe someone like Koeman would buy in to our club ethos and that has to be important....

Koeman = Tier 2 Manager,Continuity of EPL Status, 7th place Trophy, Happy to sell high and buy cheap. could fluke a domestic pot.

I look at the vermin across the park after they got rid of Brenden they grew a pair and went for a top class "named" manager. Koeman will be a "yes" man who does what he is told and will never win a title or European cup silverware with Everton. An appointment like this would firmly cement this club to another cycle of mediocrity and millions blown on average players.

It,s a massive no from me. if we one chance to the raise the bar then we should put our eggs in one basket and go for it because playing it safe over the last 20 years has got us nowhere.

“We like to press opponents, to play from behind and to dominate. The football philosophy will not change.” Alarm bells!

So the key to success is OVERLOAD.

One Very Economical Routine Lauded Over Anything Dire.

That's Ronald's philosophy ???

Open minded about Koeman, in many ways Southampton have gone under the radar this season, in his two years there they have been very consistent in half's of season - which i know is a contradiction. They have been one of the best teams in the league in the second half of this season.

I like his approach of a balance between defense and attack and think he could do something with our team, his team always keep a good shape and look motivated. I wonder who signs the players at Southampton is it Koeman or Les Reid? Some great signings via one or two clangers.

Be interested to hear from @DutchToffee about his time in the low country at Feynorrd and Ajax?

It,s a massive no from me. if we one chance to the raise the bar then we should put our eggs in one basket and go for it because playing it safe over the last 20 years has got us nowhere.

I think given the opportunity they'd happily lump all their eggs into Jose's basket mate.

But if he gives us the knock back, then who else fits the 'raising the bar' bill?

It's easy said in fairness.

I think given the opportunity they'd happily lump all their eggs into Jose's basket mate.

But if he gives us the knock back, then who else fits the 'raising the bar' bill?

It's easy said in fairness.

Ask the question - show ambition.
If he knocks us back in public then so be it but the fans want to see and know that we have asked.
Then we move on the next name down and so on.

Ask the question - show ambition.
If he knocks us back in public then so be it but the fans want to see and know that we have asked.
Then we move on the next name down and so on.

In public?

So we ask the Worlds top managers in public and watch as they knock us back one by one - in public? And that's supposed to be of benefit how exactly?

If we've started with Mourinho, then that shows the ambition. If we don't get him, that's life. Compare the prime names we've been linked with this time round, to when Martinez was appointed. There's a World of difference.

In public?

So we ask the Worlds top managers in public and watch as they knock us back one by one - in public? And that's supposed to be of benefit how exactly?

If we've started with Mourinho, then that shows the ambition. If we don't get him, that's life. Compare the prime names we've been linked with this time round, to when Martinez was appointed. There's a World of difference.

No I wrote if HE knocks us back in public.
We have no idea outside of social media forums who we are talking with and the expectations we have laid out.
Transparency is the order of the day.

“We like to press opponents, to play from behind and to dominate. The football philosophy will not change.” Alarm bells!
All managers have their own idea of how to play the game. I can't think of many managers that do change their philosohphy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back