Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman Tactical breakdown thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop it. He stays at Soton. Read the Guardian. Didnt want him. There should be better options. Would want Bielsa. That would be fun. Not good for some lazy sods like Barkley and Lukaku or showboaters like Stones ... Man marking all over the field fit players passion on the field and on the side line great fun.
Ah! you mean just like the RS, High Pressing? My ma used to do my kecks and shirts for me. All you need is 11 fit strong men to run
for 90 mins, no skill or vision, rely on pinball luck, penalty luck, scared referees, defenders that can boot the ball upfield to headless
chickens, and assistors who play the balls into channels or corridors of uncertainty rather than pass to a player, But most of all a manager
that instils cheating in his players like Lucas, Adam, and Suarez.

Look what the Echo have dug up lol
4jDvTAT.jpg

He would be a cracking and very clever appointment, but inall honesty, he will and probably should have much bigger ambitions than us.

I wonder whose shirt he nabbed.

Amokachi is my guess.

Everton:
Southall, Jackson, Hinchcliffe, Short, Watson, Ablett (Barlow 67), Stuart, Ebbrell (Grant 64), Rideout, Horne, Amokachi. Subs Not Used: Kearton. Sent Off: Short (90). Booked: Ebbrell.

Gotta be Jigsaw Barlow.

Everton: Southall, Jackson, Hinchcliffe, Short, Watson, Ablett (Barlow 67), Stuart, Ebbrell (Grant 64), Rideout, Horne, Amokachi. Subs Not Used: Kearton. Sent Off: Short (90). Booked: Ebbrell.

Gotta be Jigsaw Barlow.
My memory tells me it was Craig Short

I'm reading more and more about him and his tactics. He seems to combine the things we liked from the Martinez era (Lots of goals, brilliant to watch at times) with some of the things that excite us about Emery - which is the organisation, high-tempo pressing system and focus on discipline, plus his stellar record in the transfer market despite losing his best players every year. He's also played at the highest level with Barca.

He has done very well with Saints in the 2 seasons he's been there. Only thing that concerns me is his record in cup competitions which is the one big thing that separates him and Emery for me.

Ok, given how he "appears" the most likely, I may as well go into more depth for my fans.

Koeman likes to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, he uses that at Southampton, but hes actually said he adapts the formation of the team to blend with the players he has available.

His lineups look like this :

saints-1414054348.jpg

Using the current players in the squad that I find useful and based on how they play at their "best" we could be looking at something like this, based on the 4-2-3-1 formation, yes I reversed it cos the above picture did :

Robles
Baines - Jags - Stones - Coleman
Besic ----- Barkley
A N Other --- A N Other - Mirallas
Lukaku
Now we instantly see where the "holes" are in the squad are, we could play Barkley at number 10, but we do need at the very least 1, maybe 2 Number 8s, in other matches we would play the 4-3-3 formation which would allow for a true number 6 to sit at the base and mop up, something like this :

Robles
Baines - Jags - Stones - Coleman
McCarthy
Besic - Barkley
Mirallas ----- Lukaku --------A N Other

So to summarise, we basically need :

1 GK
1 RB/CB
2 Number 8s
1 Number 10
1 LW
1 Striker

Over to you McKoeman.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back