Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman Tactical breakdown thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I wrote if HE knocks us back in public.
We have no idea outside of social media forums who we are talking with and the expectations we have laid out.
Transparency is the order of the day.
Oh right, but we have no control over what he chooses to make public do we?

And it'd hardly be professional on his behalf that would it?

As for transparency, how can the club be transparent about it's list of potential managers? Especially when I'd imagine most will currently be in employment. It's daft to expect any form of transparency during this process, the first we should know about it is when it's announced, that's how it's supposed to work isn't it?

Ok, given how he "appears" the most likely, I may as well go into more depth for my fans.

Koeman likes to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, he uses that at Southampton, but hes actually said he adapts the formation of the team to blend with the players he has available.

His lineups look like this :

saints-1414054348.jpg

Using the current players in the squad that I find useful and based on how they play at their "best" we could be looking at something like this, based on the 4-2-3-1 formation, yes I reversed it cos the above picture did :

Robles
Baines - Jags - Stones - Coleman
Besic ----- Barkley
A N Other --- A N Other - Mirallas
Lukaku
Now we instantly see where the "holes" are in the squad are, we could play Barkley at number 10, but we do need at the very least 1, maybe 2 Number 8s, in other matches we would play the 4-3-3 formation which would allow for a true number 6 to sit at the base and mop up, something like this :

Robles
McCarthy
Besic - Barkley
Mirallas ----- Lukaku --------A N Other

So to summarise, we basically need :

1 GK
1 RB/CB
2 Number 8s
1 Number 10
1 LW
1 Striker

Over to you McKoeman.

1 GK
1 RB/CB
2 Number 8s
1 Number 10
1 LW
1 Striker
Over to you McKoeman.

New GK
Oviedo Mori Coleman
Stones
Besic Barry/Lennon
Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku/Niasse

In my mind, we only need a new GK and a CM to replace Barry. Lukaku might need replacing if he's too eager to play in UCL.

New GK
Oviedo Mori Coleman
Stones
Besic Barry/Lennon
Deulofeu Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku/Niasse

In my mind, we only need a new GK and a CM to replace Barry. Lukaku might need replacing if he's too eager to play in UCL.

We dont have a single LW in the squad, Niasse will never be good enough to lead the line, sorry, but he really wont, he could be an option on the wing at some point, maybe, but im doubtful, I really am.

We need a creative midfielder, a number 8, we have been crying out for 1 all season, Besic could do the role, but he needs time, we need somebody to play alongside him, somebody top, top drawer and somebody who could play at number 10 when its not quite clicking for Ross, we have more than enough defensively capable midfielders.

We also need some back up for Coleman, somebody who could ACTUALLY play RB and CB if needed, Koeman does sometimes favour the back "5".

Then we need either a Robles replacement or at the very least somebody who could come in and push him for place.

Then we also need somebody to push Rom, if still here, granted, ive assumed we have sold nobody in all of this, which seems unlikely I know, but there you go, if not to push Rom, but to be an actual option to play alongside him or even play instead of him without a major loss of striking threat.

In all of this im not quite sure where the boy Tarashaji(sp) is gonna fit in.

So I think the VERY least we need is :

1 GK
1 RB
1 CM
1 LW
1 ST

Also and I could be wrong, but from what I can tell, he doesnt have his own coaching "team", he has his Brother who is Ass Man and he hired Sammy Lee, but as I say, from what I can see the rest of his team are all Southampton staff.

Wouldnt be surprised to see some Coaching roles for Hibbert, maybe Osman!

Don't want Koeman if he insists on bringing Lee, don't want Benitez for the same reason. Would like Hoddle without God.

Not long ago I was in hospital for a week and didn't use my pc. So I've been wondering whether I missed something? Was a little boy saved from running on a motorway? Was a beauty helped for getting her big toe stuck in a bath-tap? I can't think of any other reasons why our
supporters insist on picking their best teams with Oviedo or Besic in, get them on the same bus as the rest of the ex-Wigan crew.

No.

Soaked in 'plucky Evertonianism'.[/QUOT
Also and I could be wrong, but from what I can tell, he doesnt have his own coaching "team", he has his Brother who is Ass Man and he hired Sammy Lee, but as I say, from what I can see the rest of his team are all Southampton staff.

Wouldnt be surprised to see some Coaching roles for Hibbert, maybe Osman!
Yeah, I agree, Hibbert drives us there, and Osman drives us back.

1 GK
1 RB
1 CM
1 LW
1 ST

Yep, agree on the buy list. A creative and capable manager will be able to resolve some of those shortfalls without buying.

We dont have a single LW in the squad, Niasse will never be good enough to lead the line, sorry, but he really wont, he could be an option on the wing at some point, maybe, but im doubtful, I really am.

We need a creative midfielder, a number 8, we have been crying out for 1 all season, Besic could do the role, but he needs time, we need somebody to play alongside him, somebody top, top drawer and somebody who could play at number 10 when its not quite clicking for Ross, we have more than enough defensively capable midfielders.

We also need some back up for Coleman, somebody who could ACTUALLY play RB and CB if needed, Koeman does sometimes favour the back "5".

Then we need either a Robles replacement or at the very least somebody who could come in and push him for place.

Then we also need somebody to push Rom, if still here, granted, ive assumed we have sold nobody in all of this, which seems unlikely I know, but there you go, if not to push Rom, but to be an actual option to play alongside him or even play instead of him without a major loss of striking threat.

In all of this im not quite sure where the boy Tarashaji(sp) is gonna fit in.

1 GK
1 RB
1 CM
1 LW
1 ST

Wouldn't be totally surprised if he tried to bring Clasie with him for that creative midfielder role.

Failing that I'd rather like Geis, or Rode from Bayern.

Ok, given how he "appears" the most likely, I may as well go into more depth for my fans.

Koeman likes to play a 4-2-3-1 formation, he uses that at Southampton, but hes actually said he adapts the formation of the team to blend with the players he has available.

His lineups look like this :

saints-1414054348.jpg

Using the current players in the squad that I find useful and based on how they play at their "best" we could be looking at something like this, based on the 4-2-3-1 formation, yes I reversed it cos the above picture did :

Robles
Besic ----- Barkley
A N Other --- A N Other - Mirallas
Lukaku
Now we instantly see where the "holes" are in the squad are, we could play Barkley at number 10, but we do need at the very least 1, maybe 2 Number 8s, in other matches we would play the 4-3-3 formation which would allow for a true number 6 to sit at the base and mop up, something like this :

Robles
McCarthy
Besic - Barkley
Mirallas ----- Lukaku --------A N Other

1 GK
1 RB/CB
2 Number 8s
1 Number 10
1 LW
1 Striker

Over to you McKoeman.

Wheres Geri?

Wouldn't be totally surprised if he tried to bring Clasie with him for that creative midfielder role.

Failing that I'd rather like Geis, or Rode from Bayern.
Stop it. He stays at Soton. Read the Guardian. Didnt want him. There should be better options. Would want Bielsa. That would be fun. Not good for some lazy sods like Barkley and Lukaku or showboaters like Stones ... Man marking all over the field fit players passion on the field and on the side line great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back