Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman...good choice for us?

• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he's really been that far away from "our" thoughts - having said that I'm going with Emery. As I said yesterday Koeman has over played his hand. I'm sure we'd take him as an insurance offer if Emery doesn't happen. However not expecting that.

Thanks again Esk

Don't think he's really been that far away from "our" thoughts - having said that I'm going with Emery. As I said yesterday Koeman has over played his hand. I'm sure we'd take him as an insurance offer if Emery doesn't happen. However not expecting that.

in everton's mind, or koeman's?

if all this talk about arsenal in a year's time being lined up for him is true, then he just wouldn't be that keen on us anyway so i'm presuming it would be our view that he's overplayed?

in everton's mind, or koeman's?

if all this talk about arsenal in a year's time being lined up for him is true, then he just wouldn't be that keen on us anyway so i'm presuming it would be our view that he's overplayed?

Koeman was certainly Moshiri's first choice and most Evertonians would have accepted that 3 weeks ago. However the search has widened and perhaps there's been the realisation that we're a more attractive proposition than we thought.

The Premier League is the street everyone wants to live in. We're the only house on offer, so it's much more of a buyer's market than the seller's. That's why we've been able to attract Monchi - the odds are that Emery will come along too. Koeman is no longer first choice through his own actions - hence the "over-played" card comment.

Koeman was certainly Moshiri's first choice and most Evertonians would have accepted that 3 weeks ago. However the search has widened and perhaps there's been the realisation that we're a more attractive proposition than we thought.

The Premier League is the street everyone wants to live in. We're the only house on offer, so it's much more of a buyer's market than the seller's. That's why we've been able to attract Monchi - the odds are that Emery will come along too. Koeman is no longer first choice through his own actions - hence the "over-played" card comment.
"We've been able to attract Monchi" :Blink:

champagne-419634.jpg

£100M spend will make you an extremely attractive prospect!

Also, interesting that you say Monchi is on his way before Emery. I would have certainly said it would have been the opposite.

I can see why Koeman is playing the game he is however and fair play to him if he is after a 'bigger fish' than Everton in the next year.
Could backfire massively like.. But that's his gamble to take.

Saints are offering him all sorts, and still he hasn't signed. If we get Emery, then I'm sure a new deal for Koeman will be announced very shortly afterwards with all the get out clauses he wants.

If he does decide to come to Everton, I am sure he will do a very solid job also, but he is now lacking in the X factor for me.

Thanks as ever for your updates Esk.. Top fella.

just came across my mind when reading the manager's thread. I.e. if Emery would ask us, why was i not the first choice over koeman, our answer would possibly be what you say ... would that then make him question how ambitious we are, or respect the honesty.

.... based on the feedback i got when asked a similar scenario question from my uni dissertation, i probably wouldn't go with the honesty answer haha

It's starting to feel to me that landing monchi would actually be a bigger deal than getting a manager who has won three european titles back to back, will just sit back and see how it all pans out.

FARHAD WENT INTO SPAIN

IN A BLUE FERRARI

BROUGHT US BACK A MANAGER

AND BARGAIN HUNTER MONCHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back