Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman...good choice for us?

• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm far more interested in the DoF appointment than the coach, that will tell us everything we need to know about where we're going. I'd be happy to see us pay someone like Monchi a bloated salary, 7m a year for a manager to right the ship is crazy. The next coach will expect more and rightly so. It's Moshiri's money so it's up to him but it doesn't set a good precedent.

had you ever heard of Monchi before last week?

Seriously? I'm not trying to be a tit.

But I'd only heard of him because I work in sports reporting, and I'm by no means an expert on him.

You know the names as much as I do. One's staying at Seville, one's gone to Chelsea, one's gone to man utd, another couple have just left man city and chile, few more are managing Germany, atletico and juve.

Big names.

We were told we could get one, we couldn't. It's a shame. Dave called it spot on.
We could have had one 3 weeks ago - Pelligrini

But chose to swerve him, so we could have got one of the supposed 'names'

Koeman was being touted as the man to take over from Wenger at the end of next season.

Dave has never called anything in the entire EFC management discussions for 2 years 'spot on' either mate.

that argument is poor though, in that case we should get steve mcclaren because he won trophies in bad leagues too, or roy hodgson.

it's not poor.

What did you want? Emery - unproven outside of Spain - had a disappointing league campaign despite the EL win (fantastic achievement)? Mourinho?

We finished 11th - two years running. Our best player is set to leave us.

The fact that we've managed to attract a manager as good and proven as Koeman shows we're heading in the right direction.

We could have had one 3 weeks ago - Pelligrini

But chose to swerve him, so we could have got one of the supposed 'names'

Koeman was being touted as the man to take over from Wenger at the end of next season.

Dave has never called anything in the entire EFC management discussions for 2 years 'spot on' either mate.

There was a time, not so very long ago, when a certain Catalan gentleman late of this parish, was being touted as a worthy successor to Arsene.

I'm just saying :)

How many trophies does walter smith have?

I don't know. That wasn't my point?

Everton haven't won a thing in 21 years, was my point. So why the hell we're turning our nose up at somebody who has won 8 trophies in the last 15 years (not to mention his career as a player at the highest level) as 'not been good enough' is beyond me...

All because we didn't get the man who beat the RS in the final (a final which Sevilla were awful in for the first half)?

And don't get me wrong. I like Emery, would have been chuffed if we got him. But fgs I hate this snobbery and thinking we're genuinely currently better than we are. Koeman is a quality, proven manager, in the Premier League - which is the competition we need to improve in first and foremost to get us back to where we want to be (which realistically is challenging for domestic trophies and the European places in the next few seasons)

I don't know. That wasn't my point?

Everton haven't won a thing in 21 years, was my point. So why the hell we're turning our nose up at somebody who has won 8 trophies in the last 15 years (not to mention his career as a player at the highest level) as 'not been good enough' is beyond me...

All because we didn't get the man who beat the RS in the final (a final which Sevilla were awful in for the first half)?

And don't get me wrong. I like Emery, would have been chuffed if we got him. But fgs I hate this snobbery and thinking we're genuinely currently better than we are. Koeman is a quality, proven manager, in the Premier League - which is the competition we need to improve in first and foremost to get us back to where we want to be (which realistically is challenging for domestic trophies and the European places in the next few seasons)

He won his trophies in the dutch league though. With all due respect that's not the same as winning trophies in England.

Like I said walter smith has won more trophies in his career than all our other managers put together. But that didn't mean anything in England did it?

had you ever heard of Monchi before last week?

Seriously? I'm not trying to be a tit.

But I'd only heard of him because I work in sports reporting, and I'm by no means an expert on him.

Absolutely not, I'd never heard of him in my life. That said, I've had a few days to bone up. He has an excellent reputation and is wanted as DoF by some of the best teams in Europe. I may not have heard of him when his name cropped up in the press but given the above and what he's already achieved, I'd be quite happy to overpay and have him guide us forward for the foreseeable future. If we're going after the likes of Koeman then we're going for the defence first approach, that's Sevilla's approach too so on the surface it's a match (excuse the pun).

If Emery doesn't want to come, then all the other candidates have pro's and cons. On balance I think it's the right choice, and if confirmed everyone needs to be 100% behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.