Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Rooney or Sigurðsson?

Rooney or Sigurðsson?

• Rooney

Votes: 61 12.6%
  • Sigurðsson

Votes: 260 53.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 53 10.9%
  • Both

Votes: 112 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be massively keen on either really. At same time wouldn't be massively disappointed if we signed one of them. Rooney would be less of a fee but more in wages. Sigurdsson the opposite (but younger). But I think, of the two and as a club, we'd be more inclined to go for Rooney.

Rather bring Osman and Cleverly back aye?

Don't understand the thinking behind anyone turning their nose up at either.

Personally I think we need to pull a surprise out of a league somewhere from Walsh scouting network :-)

Rooney for media and PR reasons would be benefit but cost in wages and cost of signing him for someone who's on downward spiral in form/speed isn't good business sense unless the signing on fee is low and his taking a huge paycut which isn't going to happen :-(

Sigurddsson is good player but to make step up we need way better than we have and he isn't value for what he'd cost :-( He never did it at Spurs and seems to be in his comfort zone at Swansea :-(

We need to find someone who is quick, strong, good stamina, creative and more importantly team player and strong mentally and rather spend 30 million on that than a Glyfi

Tbf schnieiderlin failed at Man u
To be fair again he just didn't get picked by the manager. Jose hasn't got the best record in letting go players, ask our best player if he was a failure. I just think sigi might be a decent player but perhaps he is the big fish in a small pond at Swansea rather than a massive coup. Worst case scenario is that he turns into a kopite signing and costs a lot and offers very little extra

I voted neither. If we had missed out on Schneiderlin then I would have said we needed Sigurdsson but now we have a midfield which is going well, we need cover but Sugurdsson isn't cover he has to start. Rooney wouldn't and shouldn't be in our side. We need to spend our money wisely and that means bringing in quality but quality with a shelf life.
I don't want us to get to the top four only for the team to need to be revamped right away.

Not sure my reply actually said that. Not turning my nose up as such. Just wouldn't be that bothered if we didn't sign them also. In other words I'm not fussed either way.

You read my mind about Osman and Cleverley though. Nice one. Can't wait for them to come back.

Our team is full of good players who've won the square root of f all.

If we can only have one, having Rooney around the place... A player who has won everything... Is the answer imo

Both would upgrade our set pieces which at the moment is more than weak. Rooney for me out of the two as he would be a great marketing tool especially in the Europa League and fringe Cups.

How exactly?
Viewership and general interest from the neutral fan. I truly believe gate receipts for the cup ties next year would increase and also reinforce the sell outs this year during league games. You never know which major corporation may take more than a passing interest to throw some ad revenue for exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back