Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he will ever become the box to box cm we are all hoping , his work-rate is questionable , he has no defensive abilitys or the intelligence to be more defensive player

In terms of technical ability he's as good as they come but am feeling he's jack rodwell in terms of being aggressive .. maybe am just being OTT but somethings not right

I don't think he will ever become the box to box cm we are all hoping , his work-rate is questionable , he has no defensive abilitys or the intelligence to be more defensive player

In terms of technical ability he's as good as they come but am feeling he's jack rodwell in terms of being aggressive .. maybe am just being OTT but somethings not right

Rodwell is/was bang average at best. How it became the consensus that he was an exceptional talent is a mystery but one we should be thankful for (£12m).

Barkley's playing in a bloody difficult position against teams that defend in numbers. We don't help ourselves by constantly putting two defensive midfielders in with him.

Against the likes of Hull surely we can sacrifice one of the holding players and put Barkley deeper so he can influence the game more, rather than firing the ball into his feet with 3 men around him and only Lukaku ahead.

Rodwell is/was bang average at best. How it became the consensus that he was an exceptional talent is a mystery but one we should be thankful for (£12m).

Barkley's playing in a bloody difficult position against teams that defend in numbers. We don't help ourselves by constantly putting two defensive midfielders in with him.

Against the likes of Hull surely we can sacrifice one of the holding players and put Barkley deeper so he can influence the game more, rather than firing the ball into his feet with 3 men around him and only Lukaku ahead.

we should of done that against hull .. your right bout teams putting players on him tho

I will say whenever he picks up the ball and runs the opposition swarm round him, he's normally got 2 or 3 on him straight away.

Wish they'd leave him alone so he can get some decent shots off and score some goals.
I've noticed this too. The thing I can't understand is how are we not getting other players in space when Ross is attracting multiple markers. If he takes two or three players away it's up to the rest of the team to take advantage of this.

Feeling his way back into the side still and looked much improved in his proper position. Still needs two wingers to stretch a defence ahead of him and create space.

Can't wait for the hypocrites slagging him off to be kissing his arse, calling him future world class and praying he doesn't leave us when he gets back to full fitness/form.

Like has been said having only 1 winger on the field hasn't helped the lad/the playing him out of position. Martinez has been poor this season.

.....I don't particularly think his role is about being aggressive in a defensive aspect, his aggression should be about running power and intent when surging forward. We have 2 defensive midfielders, we don't need Barkley going to ground. He's not Rodwell. Rodwell was a safe midfielder passing the way he's facing. Barkley takes a ball on the turn.

What is missing from Barkley's game is not aggression, it's end product. He's got all the ammunition, we just need to see assists and goals on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back