Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he looked quite good in the deeper position. Can definitely see why people see his long term position as playing there.
He came on and gave us impetus and some added quality in the final third.
Wasn't a dive though, there was contact.

Yep, he needs space to run, but he just need to make his decisions quicker and he also not getting anything from the refs, as he likes to dribble, and most dribblers win free-kicks, he doesn't. he get booked.

Bit of a rough patch at the mo, not sure what he needs to sort it out though, a run out in the reserves, change where he plays, I don't know, but I do know he's not the only player who is a shadow of themselves from last season

Reputation for diving is hard to shake... I'm not going blaming him for today's inept performance, did we deserve a point?? Maybe.. Was it a pen?? No. Would City have still have won if they hadn't scored earlier?? Probably.. Clutching at straws really if we put this defeat all on Marriner. I'm more worried that the best option Martinez decided to take on with 5 mins to go was Leon Osman. That's the real crime in all this..

There is too much pressure on his shoulders, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say perhaps that is why he tries to do everything himself and make everything spectacular.

Ultimately though, he is not playing well nor doing even the basics with any degree of competency. He loses the ball too much which is fine when you're also doing something the other way, but he is not. Eto'o's performance was not perfect but he played in Lukaku very well and if not for Joe Hart would have had an assist. Crucially though, Eto'o is almost impossible to dispossess, and so for me Barkley is 2nd choice to play off Lukaku.

Thought his passing was more decisive and picked our tempo up.

Just to many times he tries to do it all and runs into blind alleys, he was drawing 2 or 3 players towards him then he should be popping it off instead his twists and turns into the fourth guy and they break

Bit of a rough patch at the mo, not sure what he needs to sort it out though, a run out in the reserves, change where he plays, I don't know, but I do know he's not the only player who is a shadow of themselves from last season

He should start v Krasnodar, he desperately needs a goal for his confidence, hopefully he'll bag one, I'd start him v QPR on Monday as well.

There is too much pressure on his shoulders, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say perhaps that is why he tries to do everything himself and make everything spectacular.

Ultimately though, he is not playing well nor doing even the basics with any degree of competency. He loses the ball too much which is fine when you're also doing something the other way, but he is not. Eto'o's performance was not perfect but he played in Lukaku very well and if not for Joe Hart would have had an assist. Crucially though, Eto'o is almost impossible to dispossess, and so for me Barkley is 2nd choice to play off Lukaku.
Thankfully somebody else has actually noticed that Barkley isn't playing well at all.

Running 20 yards to the left/right of the pitch only to play the easiest pass, AND make it look the most difficult, resulting in the loss of the ball - is unforgivable imo. Especially when it's 2-3 times a game.

Thought his passing was more decisive and picked our tempo up.

Just to many times he tries to do it all and runs into blind alleys, he was drawing 2 or 3 players towards him then he should be popping it off instead his twists and turns into the fourth guy and they break

his passing was good if you were a city fan 3 or 4 times he came it to a city player, Rodwell mark two if you asked me. i will have no problem saying i was wrong if he proves it this season i won't hold my breath.

Reactions: ART

I thought he did well when he came on, and provided some creativity from a central midfield position, which is what we have been crying out for.

Not playing as good as he should be but I still get excited when he has the ball but I am realistic and don't expect him to beat 10 players then take them on again and beat them again then smash the ball in the net.........unlike some fans on here. Expectations are too high and people are expecting miracles from him.

Thought he changed the game when he came on today. There was instantly more urgency in our attacking play and Eto'o and Lukaku came to life.
Of course, his tattoos are nowhere near as good as those of Besic, so he'll never be a hero to some people on this forum.

Really is over hyped this kid, We are as bad as the Kopites with Sterling, In fact he's shown more promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back