Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....everything is too fleeting for me. Fleeting glimpses of real talent, fleeting performances where he literally runs a game, fleeting examples of great goals.

Accepting that he shouldn't play wide, he was still very poor yesterday. Sluggish, ran around like he had a bag of spanners down the back of his shorts, running off at every chance for treatment on his sore nose. RM said he doesn't want him to have responsibility, I understand that but he still needs to do some tracking back and blocking.

Fleeting examples of brilliance need to become more frequent.

.....everything is too fleeting for me. Fleeting glimpses of real talent, fleeting performances where he literally runs a game, fleeting examples of great goals.

Accepting that he shouldn't play wide, he was still very poor yesterday. Sluggish, ran around like he had a bag of spanners down the back of his shorts, running off at every chance for treatment on his sore nose. RM said he doesn't want him to have responsibility, I understand that but he still needs to do some tracking back and blocking.

Fleeting examples of brilliance need to become more frequent.

Spot on Eggs.

Gutted he is just one of many of our players that look like they are falling apart...

Would love to know what's going on..

You can have all the talent in the world but if you aren't going to use it then what's the point. For a scouse lad he backs out of too many challenges for me.

If hes going to play wide he should be driving forward with the ball and not needing to worry about tracking back.

But he really should be playing just behind lukaku every game now.

If hes going to play wide he should be driving forward with the ball and not needing to worry about tracking back.

But he really should be playing just behind lukaku every game now.
He needs a run of games in the center. I don't care if its behind Lukaku or further back.

However I totally agree. Everything is fleeting and he needs to start doing it consistently although the team is playing better collectively I'm going to withhold judgement.

Other than Stones and Coleman none of the back 5 have any ability on the ball this season.

Add in a slow paced barry and the system doesnt work...then have the opposition double mark mirallas and theres no threat from wide.

Barkley needs to be in the centre and martinez needs to recycle a lot of players in the market.

He needs a run of games in the center. I don't care if its behind Lukaku or further back.

However I totally agree. Everything is fleeting and he needs to start doing it consistently although the team is playing better collectively I'm going to withhold judgement.

Barkley deffo has the ability and vision to play through balls. Look at that pass to coleman on monday
Vision?? I think not...how many assists has he made since becoming a first team regular? Overrated in the extreme and is a luxury that Martinez cannot indulge with the club's current precarious form.

I had a mini *slightly too loud* rant after 5 mins that Ross hasn't looked himself since the villa game and all this talk of a big money move is garbage, he doesn't deserve the status etc...well, he shut me up last night!
Delusion? The reason he looked good against QPR is because he was allowed time on the ball; same with the Villa match. Let's see him do the same week in week out against opponents who press harder...a skillful bull in a china shop, thats Ross. A world class CM he will never be however much people want him to be...

The thing I liked most about last night was the pass to Coleman in the second half. Sometimes he can be a bit lazy in his passing. Not putting it in front of runners. That pass to Coleman was Messi like in that at first I thought he'd got the angle all wrong and then you see Coleman able to control it without even breaking stride and you just think that was genius.

The boy can be as good as he wants to be. If he can learn how to put runners through on goal when he makes a break from midfield then he will be a £60m player. If your a CB and he's running at you what do you do? He can go either way and burn you off with pace and strength, he can put them in the top corner with either foot. Just needs to add the slide rule pass.
In order to "put runner through on goal" vision and positional awareness is required. Unfortunately this should have been learnt much earlier; too late to learn this stuff now "on the job". By comparison Pienaar had that slide rule pass perfected by age 17....nuff said.

Time to get off this thread; the blind adulation for a limited CM does my head in. Ross Barkley is the most overratedf footballer in English football today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back