Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 Million to City, is the latest rumour doing the rounds

This will continue until Ross is sold. Everton aren't allowed nice things

He won't be going anywhere for at least another 18 months, unless we're in the Championship in six, or unless a truly stupid offer comes in.

If we sold Barkley for under £60m we'd be regretting it for a decade.

I really don't understand why some of our fans are doubting his ability. You don't score goals like he did against Newcastle etc without having a ton of talent. You watch him do the basics and its clear he's technically amazing to the point where i can't currently think of an English player with better technique. His problem like most young players is that he lacks consistency, this should be expected... he's only 21. Most players become world class when they get towards their mid 20s, he has plenty of time to develop and gain consistency.

Everyone expects everything straight away, he's not rooney... rooney was a freak man child, the likes of which we won't see again for many years.

Only a very select few players have been able to perform consistently at a very high level at the age of 21, and usually they were in top champions league teams... not an everton team which is massively out of form and near the relegation zone !

Ross is boss and provided he avoids injury will go on to be a huge name in world football.

I really don't understand why some of our fans are doubting his ability. You don't score goals like he did against Newcastle etc without having a ton of talent. You watch him do the basics and its clear he's technically amazing to the point where i can't currently think of an English player with better technique. His problem like most young players is that he lacks consistency, this should be expected... he's only 21. Most players become world class when they get towards their mid 20s, he has plenty of time to develop and gain consistency.

Everyone expects everything straight away, he's not rooney... rooney was a freak man child, the likes of which we won't see again for many years.

Only a very select few players have been able to perform consistently at a very high level at the age of 21, and usually they were in top champions league teams... not an everton team which is massively out of form and near the relegation zone !

Ross is boss and provided he avoids injury will go on to be a huge name in world football.

I don't think people are doubting him. They are just sceptical whether he will ever produce consistently and wonder if a big injection of cash could be used in other areas.

i dont doubt his ability however i think the fact that he's English has sent the hype about him into over drive. hes a great raw talent and brilliant prospect however at the moment he's merely a good player. He needs time to develop and reach his full potential, something rooney has failed to do, imo, since leaving us. A move for Barkley would be wrong for himself and Everton FC at this time. He's one of ours and we love him, however if he was a manc we'd just spunked 40 mill on would we be so forgiving?

Ross has been the very definition of consistent this season.

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back