Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 of Kendall's first 7 signings in 1981 were all rubbish. The only one that was any good was Southall.

Moyes first 8 signings:

Joseph Yobo
Richard Wright
Espen Baardsen
Iain Turner
Li Tie
Nigel Martyn
James McFadden
Kevin Kilbane

Martyn and Yobo the only really good signings, with maybe Kilbane being decent.

You forgot Rodrigo, Ibrahim Said, Li Wei Feng and Eddie Bosnar, so they all fall before Nigel Martyn I think...

Kenwright must be nervous. He has survived on the back of Moyes keeping us competitive on a shoe string, Manchester City and Utd paying ridiculous money for Lescott and Fellaini, and now the sky deal.

As delusional as BK is, he can't possible think he'd survive if we sold Barkley.

It's a bit of that, but mostly the defeatist message that it once again sends. It establishes where we are ' in the pecking order', and that our best players can just be cherry-picked at will.

I think a lot of people wouldn't have much confidence that the money would be well spent either, and even taking out the factor of Martinez' judgement, you only have to look at Spurs post-Bale and Liverpool post-Suarez to see how easy it is to squander money.

tbh, i'm not really arsed about that. if it's a massive fee i.e. north of £40m, you look at it as a way of strengthening rather then getting rid of one of your better players. spurs and liverpool were both one man teams, you wouldn't see us struggle anywhere near as badly without barkley, even if we spent the money poorly.

tbh, i'm not really arsed about that. if it's a massive fee i.e. north of £40m, you look at it as a way of strengthening rather then getting rid of one of your better players. spurs and liverpool were both one man teams, you wouldn't see us struggle anywhere near as badly without barkley, even if we spent the money poorly.
45 million and its barkley who? I'm afraid...

lol I'd rather he stayed but he is still just a prospect at the moment. Hasn't done anywhere near enough on the pitch to warrant us rejecting 45Million pounds for him

Agree. 45m would be great if all got spent on new players. Like Ross and see a bright future but to much to resist if that sort of offer comes in now

If we sell him for 45m kenwright deserves a medal

Bell
End
Derek

627f27d4-eb18-420b-aaaf-acb8f525b222.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back