Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally its a no from me, what sort of message does it send out selling one of our prize assets? that are we skint well thats a no because of all the money coming in forget the new stadium for another few years invest that money and keep Ross. It may also tell the likes of McCarthy, Stones etc we are a selling club once again and unsettle them

Personally its a no from me, what sort of message does it send out selling one of our prize assets? that are we skint well thats a no because of all the money coming in forget the new stadium for another few years invest that money and keep Ross. It may also tell the likes of McCarthy, Stones etc we are a selling club once again and unsettle them

ross wont go now.

if we sell McC or Coleman (which i dont think we will) doesnt make us a "selling club" its a stupid and pointless aphorism

Daily Mail spouting crap about a £45m offer from Man City. In my opinion Barkley just isn't good enough yet to warrant that price tag. Tons and tons of potential but he wouldn't be anywhere near Man City's first 11 and would struggle to make the bench. Would they even have that money with the FFP rules?

my only gripe with selling our top players is replacing them with average/lower than average players or in some cases, not replacing them at all.
It's been beards since we've had a real gem of a playmaker, Arteta being the last.

Martinez needs to keep playing him in the centre and deeper, I don't care if he makes a mistake now and again, against QPR him and Besic were the best midfield pairing we've seen this season, keep playing them together.

Barkley just needs a little more space and time a deeper centre roll gives him for his development, it's the perfect place to put him, I'd like to see him moulded into a Gerrard for us, and he can be a player like that without doubt, just let him grow into playing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back