Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't you heard, Everton are the only selling club in the league, despite selling less players upwards than Liverpool have.

Rooney, Lescott, Arteta, Rodwell, Fellaini: selling club.

Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Reina, Benayoun, Meireles, Suarez: not a selling club.

Excellent post

We have to keep barkley and build the team round him.
He is going backwards at the moment with the tactics and being played out of position.
He is going to be world class one day can't let him go yet

Liverpool sold Suarez

Selling club

Utd sold Ronaldo

Selling club

Everyone buys and sells, not all have to sell to make ends meet though.

Not currently for us at the moment, but the increase we have had from the tv deal will eventually end up in the players and agents pockets.

Now we carry on this poor run and finsh 13th or 14th that will see a reduction in the prize money we receive in excess of ten million. Add in the next payment of the Lukaku fee and i can't see us having a vast amount of cash to splash in the summer.

I posted similar through the week

Bar McCarthy his signings have been poor
V poor for one reason or another, a even mixture of to longer contracts, over paying and buying players not up to the required standards.

His fans on here said you could question most signings managers make but not compared to Martinez, he could never sort a defence at Wigan he was gifted an excellent and well drilled defence here and he has totally messed it up.

V poor for one reason or another, a even mixture of to longer contracts, over paying and buying players not up to the required standards.

His fans on here said you could question most signings managers make but not compared to Martinez, he could never sort a defence at Wigan he was gifted an excellent and well drilled defence here and he has totally messed it up.

New v contracts for Hibbert and Osman we're s joke

Andrey-Burmakin-630x532.jpg

as ever, you can't say without hindsight, if we bough 4 or 5 amazing players just for selling ross, we'd have an awesome squad - but with the brightest local lad gone, will some of the heart and soul be missing from the club?

I posted similar through the week

Bar McCarthy his signings have been poor

6 of Kendall's first 7 signings in 1981 were all rubbish. The only one that was any good was Southall.

Moyes first 8 signings:

Joseph Yobo
Richard Wright
Espen Baardsen
Iain Turner
Li Tie
Nigel Martyn
James McFadden
Kevin Kilbane

Martyn and Yobo the only really good signings, with maybe Kilbane being decent.

as ever, you can't say without hindsight, if we bough 4 or 5 amazing players just for selling ross, we'd have an awesome squad - but with the brightest local lad gone, will some of the heart and soul be missing from the club?

It's a bit of that, but mostly the defeatist message that it once again sends. It establishes where we are ' in the pecking order', and that our best players can just be cherry-picked at will.

I think a lot of people wouldn't have much confidence that the money would be well spent either, and even taking out the factor of Martinez' judgement, you only have to look at Spurs post-Bale and Liverpool post-Suarez to see how easy it is to squander money.

6 of Kendall's first 7 signings in 1981 were all rubbish. The only one that was any good was Southall.

Moyes first 8 signings:

Joseph Yobo
Richard Wright
Espen Baardsen
Iain Turner
Li Tie
Nigel Martyn
James McFadden
Kevin Kilbane

Martyn and Yobo the only really good signings, with maybe Kilbane being decent.

I'm not arsed who anyone else signed ffs

How does that help us now, he needs to get his head out of his arse and sort this crap out, from signings to tactics

When he came here I honestly thought he would go to Spain and snap up some boss little players, ones that can pass and are comfortable on the ball, the exact player that fits his system, but no, he signs the likes of Kone, Besic, Alcaraz and Mcgeady

I'm not arsed who anyone else signed ffs

How does that help us now, he needs to get his head out of his arse and sort this crap out, from signings to tactics

When he came here I honestly thought he would go to Spain and snap up some boss little players, ones that can pass and are comfortable on the ball, the exact player that fits his system, but no, he signs the likes of Kone, Besic, Alcaraz and Mcgeady

good point there..i really want him to sign some boss spaniard now ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back