Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all waiting for him to back up his undoubted talent with some actual end product. We need him to do this right now.osman has scored more than him this season. Food for thought

He's definately not been at his best this season, it's worth remembering though that he had no preseason, got injured missing the first 8 games and has had to find his fitness and form whilst playing, it's not been made easier by the fact that many of his team mates are struggling for form at the same time.

So you are saying every time we produce a young player, he should be sold, I presume to a club that can win the league and be a regular in the CL, to develop and better his career. Now where did Moyes go to? I know. On the internet.

Barkley is a young lad that is learning his trade. He is going to be inconsistent. Rooney was inconsistent and it didn't stop him developing at Goodison, under Moyes. Learning to make the right decisions comes with experience. Barkley is going to delight and frustrate, (something he does when he dives like he did against Hull), in the same game. But to say Martinez is taking the pee out of him is incredible. How is he taking the pee out of him? Playing him? Playing him in different positions but still playing him? Taking him out of the firing line?

Behave.

Martinez may have his faults, but the way he has treated Barkley is not one of them.

So moving him out of his best position and into one where he has proven to be totally ineffective isn't taking the pee out of him? Would you be of the same opinion if coleman was at RM every game despite not being effective thefe? Or likewise an ineffective Mccarthy at CB?

people can argue you all they want but the cold hard facts are the lads ain't happy atm and if someone comes im imo they will go. People have warned this but those fans happy with mid table to give the manager "atleast a season as he has earned it" haven't realised that.

Bad times ahead unless we turn it around which Judging by the players complete lack of fight I doubt it

It's quite funny to think of how we ridiculed Neil Warnock for saying he couldn't accommodate Barkley in the middle ahead of Michael Brown at Leeds.

Yes but if he went to City he wouldnt be a young blue anymore would he? I agree his best position is central but he's being asked to do a job for the team in the absence of a quality wide player.
He's no where close to the City team. He barely can get on our team at the minute. He has one good game and two very average ones. He needs to develop the ability to play a through ball, see the game better in his head and learn to put more into the tackle.

I'm not saying he won't learn that but he certainly won't learn it on City's bench.

People don't like the cold hard truth.

Right now Barkley and Lukaku likewise most of our lads are not enjoying their football at the moment, so if a top club comes in they will be out the door like a shot and can you blame them.

And it's hypocritical that last season the same fans who stated Rom should come as Mourinho isn't giving him chances/Chelsea fans don't "love" him like we do, are this year slagging off Barkley and Lukaku for their performances when the manager is the one not playing to their strengths/playing them out of position.
I may sound bitter but if Barkley left at this point I'd wish him the same as I wished Rooney in 2004 which was somewhere in the region of I hope your career nosedives to the point where you end up drinking white lightening and playing cardboard guitars to the tourists on Matthew Street

So Rooney developed into a fantastic player and did you enjoy every goal he scored for Utd and all those trophies he lifted.

Difference is Rooney is a gobshite who wanted out at the first time of asking, he was also played as a striker under the manager. (Although where we were in the table it's understandble why he did want out despite us not agreeing with it)

Barkley on the other hand seems a good lad with a good head on his shoulders, and to see him played in a position he's uncomfortable in and to then be slagged off by the fanbase for it, how's that 1. Fair? Or 2. Good for us or a young players potential?

He's definately not been at his best this season, it's worth remembering though that he had no preseason, got injured missing the first 8 games and has had to find his fitness and form whilst playing, it's not been made easier by the fact that many of his team mates are struggling for form at the same time.
All valid points mate and I've no doubt about his talent.i was hoping that goal amd performance against qpr would be the turning point for him but it sadly hasn't. I still think he'll eventually come good like

So moving him out of his best position and into one where he has proven to be totally ineffective isn't taking the pee out of him? Would you be of the same opinion if coleman was at RM every game despite not being effective thefe? Or likewise an ineffective Mccarthy at CB?

people can argue you all they want but the cold hard facts are the lads ain't happy atm and if someone comes im imo they will go. People have warned this but those fans happy with mid table to give the manager "atleast a season as he has earned it" haven't realised that.

Bad times ahead unless we turn it around which Judging by the players complete lack of fight I doubt it
There's no evidence the players aren't happy. Everyone pulls out the same crap whenever teams aren't doing well. They aren't playing for the manager, They aren't showing enough passion etc

The answers are pretty simple.

1. We've been found out, it happened towards the end of last season.
2. We've had a lot of injuries.
3. Some players in the team have hit the brick wall due to age.
4. We haven't been able to go on a run and build up any confidence.
5. Martinez has been too stubborn trying to stick to his principles and certain players.
6. A poor pre-season.

The position thing.

Snodin was moved from midfield to right back. Bad move was it.

John Hurst was moved from from being a centre forward to centre half. Bad move that.

Mike Lyons was moved between centre half and centre forward. Bad move that was.

Barkley is learning his trade. Which is? To be an effective footballer for the good of Everton. He scored a goal against QPR from playing in a two with Besic. So that MUST be his best position. He loses the ball when playing alongside Besic against QPR and it nearly leads to a goal. Christ get him as far away from the defence as possible.

When has McCarthy played at centre back to be 'ineffective'? Carrick, a holding English international central holding midfielder, the best of the best some would say, playing as a centre back. That Fergie and Van Gael, obviously know diddly sh*t about football.

Sometimes needs must. And I'm sure there are plenty of statistics at the moment that would say Barkley is not 'effective' in this or that position. One of the most creative midfielders Hagi played where? Stuck on the left wing. And what was Romania's tactic? Stay there Georghe and we will get the ball to you so you can do the business. Why? Because there will be more space there to receive the ball and work your magic.

And who says that Coleman is not effective as a RM? Baines at the moment is playing better in central midfield because he has a football brain, and doesn't think twice about moving into space to receive the ball. It is something he will work on to get better. Which stupid fool was it who switched Lahm from being a full back to a central midfielder?

Damn them managers for spotting something in a player, and wanting to try it for the benefit of the team.

Difference is Rooney is a gobshite who wanted out at the first time of asking, he was also played as a striker under the manager. (Although where we were in the table it's understandble why he did want out despite us not agreeing with it)

Barkley on the other hand seems a good lad with a good head on his shoulders, and to see him played in a position he's uncomfortable in and to then be slagged off by the fanbase for it, how's that 1. Fair? Or 2. Good for us or a young players potential?
He's not being slagged off. If anything Barkley is the one player who gets a lot of free passes.

Rooney had more reason to go than Barkley. He left to go to one of the top teams in Europe never mind England from a team fighting relegation.

City aren't close to where Utd where then or have their history and we aren't close to being as bad as we where then.

Rob Shepherd of the Daily Mail. Same fella who wrote that guff about Steve McClaren being an EFC managerial target last week.

At it again - this time he reckons we're 'ready to sell Barkley for £45m this month to fund squad reinforcements'. Yawn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...45m-fund-revamp-Roberto-Martinez-s-squad.html

I don't know what worries me more, losing Barkley or Martinez spending that cash on square pegs to put in round holes.

We cant afford to sell Barkley at the mo and our present situation isn't the right time to be blooding multiple players. Even thou Barkley is young he knows Everton and the players around him, and i don't trust Roberto to go out and buy players who can hit the ground running.

The main thing we need is a keeper and that isn't going to cost 45m

I don't know what worries me more, losing Barkley or Martinez spending that cash on square pegs to put in round holes.

We cant afford to sell Barkley at the mo and our present situation isn't the right time to be blooding multiple players. Even thou Barkley is young he knows Everton and the players around him, and i don't trust Roberto to go out and buy players who can hit the ground running.

The main thing we need is a keeper and that isn't going to cost 45m

Agree with you. I wouldn't worry, there's absolutely no way the club will sell Barkley this month. There would be a revolt amongst the fans. They're certainly not going to sell him before season ticket renewal time, and I doubt they'll sell him at all to be honest.

This Shepherd character is just trying for clickbait. He got it with the McClaren stuff last week and he's trying with us as the target again this week.

Modern day journos nearly all suck. They're not arsed about having credibility; they live and die by how many clicks their articles get on line. And yeah, I've inadvertently helped him out by posting the link.

Agree with you. I wouldn't worry, there's absolutely no way the club will sell Barkley this month. There would be a revolt amongst the fans. They're certainly not going to sell him before season ticket renewal time, and I doubt they'll sell him at all to be honest.

This Shepherd character is just trying for clickbait. He got it with the McClaren stuff last week and he's trying with us as the target again this week.

Modern day journos nearly all suck. They're not arsed about having credibility; they live and die by how many clicks their articles get on line. And yeah, I've inadvertently helped him out by posting the link.

Agree but there will be more of a revolt if results don't pick up soon and we go back to the days of having to beat Wimbledon to stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back