Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
When your not playing well do the next best thing and put some effort in to chase down players and put tackles in. He doesn't do it enough and so when he isn't on fire it shows. Showed a couple of great glimpse of skill but overall just a 5 out if 10 performance and needs to get stuck in ( and I don't mean flying into tackles but just more desire to win the ball back )

Barkley is about running with the ball from deep. In midfield.

That doesn't make him a #10.

He's a midfielder.

Did you read my previous post? Where has Barkley played his best football? Please don't use the QPR game as your sole example.

At least we agree on one thing, that he needs to be playing centrally. Barkley wide? Give me a break.

You must be watching a different game. There is NO WAY Naismith got in his way.

Absolute rubbish.

The only one responsible for Barkley's bad performance is Barkley.

He's better than that. Needs to do better.

To be fair, they do nullify each other a bit and its neither's fault. I'm not sure which one I'd start these days but I'm damn sure it wouldn't be both of them.

When your not playing well do the next best thing and put some effort in to chase down players and put tackles in. He doesn't do it enough and so when he isn't on fire it shows. Showed a couple of great glimpse of skill but overall just a 5 out if 10 performance and needs to get stuck in ( and I don't mean flying into tackles but just more desire to win the ball back )

He doesn't have that at the moment and until he does he needs to be playing further forward. Is a liability defensively. It's why Moyes didn't trust him.

Barkley is young and needs to add stuff to his game before being dropped back into midfield. Let him play behind Rom, use his raw pace and power to put teams on the back foot and acept that sometimes he will do silly things until he matures.

His main attributes his is direct approach and it gives the defenders something to worry about.

Balls to all this putting him out on the wings

He doesn't have that at the moment and until he does he needs to be playing further forward. Is a liability defensively. It's why Moyes didn't trust him.

Agreed mate. Further forward or on the bench. I would still like to see him chase players down, the way Rooney does, never giving the opposition a second. It's a sure fire way to turn over possession quicker.

Barkley is young and needs to add stuff to his game before being dropped back into midfield. Let him play behind Rom, use his raw pace and power to put teams on the back foot and acept that sometimes he will do silly things until he matures.

His main attributes his is direct approach and it gives the defenders something to worry about.

Balls to all this putting him out on the wings

He basically played all along the midfield today though Chris, he's been given some.form.of midfield free role but it just doesn't work unless it's higher up the field because you need your midfielders to do some.form of pressuring.

He basically played all along the midfield today though Chris, he's been given some.form.of midfield free role but it just doesn't work unless it's higher up the field because you need your midfielders to do some.form of pressuring.

RM rotates his 3 quite regularly, so they always switch, in my eyes its wrong because he's not a wide player. When he was thorugh the middle tonight and he picked up the ball he drove at defenders, switch the wingers by all means, leave Barkley to do what he does best.

Yes he'll make mistakes, but that decision making will improve with age. A player like Barkley gives the opposition something to think about.

Totally agree with the pressing, drastically needs to be improved all round the park

£60m :blush: I'm all for giving the lad a chance and hope he goes on to be the best footballer England ever produces, but he is no way worth that. If City came up with that money, we would need to sell IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back