Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently big Nev says we should flog him!!!

One of the greatest goalies ever, but he's wrong on this.
Barkley needs a mentor, someone to guide him with one-on-one interaction in training, video review, tactical awareness... In short a personal tutti/trainer... and if it were my call, I'd be getting Colin Harvey to take on the role.
Ross has massive, massive potential, but needs guidance from someone who like him was thrust into the first team at any early age and who survived, prospered and became a true legend.
Ross has good feet, is two-footed and when he goes forward at pace, he looks devastating... but, and it's a big but... sometimes his feet and brain are in two different games and this leads him to delaying and of late, he loses possession far too easily.
Harvey even as a youngster was tenacious and hard to knock off the ball and if he could pass that on to Ross, his game would come on in leaps and bounds.

That's doubting him
what's wrong with people looking through the hype. people were saying last year the kid will be this and that, truth is the lad is regressing not progressing. I don't think ross even merits his position in the side at the minute, complete garbage against west ham.

Love this thread. when Ross play's well he is a world beater England's saviour worth 60 million. When he plays badly (all this season) it's his age/ the captain/ the everton pressure/ his positioning's fault. We are all desperate to have one of our own lads rip teams to shreds and be classed as the best player in England but we need to take off our ross Barkley riding in on his white charger to save us blue tinted glasses. When McCarthy returns from injury he doesn't even start for me.

what's wrong with people looking through the hype. people were saying last year the kid will be this and that, truth is the lad is regressing not progressing. I don't think ross even merits his position in the side at the minute, complete garbage against west ham.

I was actually responding to something totally different with the comment you've just quoted me with and have not said that you can't doubt him, but go 'ed. Look through the hype if you want, I don't care, but he was the only player along side Rom bringing any sort of creativity to the team and will continue to do so. The lad has a touch of pure class for sure. Oh, and he's just turned 21.

Love this thread. when Ross play's well he is a world beater England's saviour worth 60 million. When he plays badly (all this season) it's his age/ the captain/ the everton pressure/ his positioning's fault. We are all desperate to have one of our own lads rip teams to shreds and be classed as the best player in England but we need to take off our ross Barkley riding in on his white charger to save us blue tinted glasses. When McCarthy returns from injury he doesn't even start for me.

Why, does McCarthy occupy his position?

Look, very few Evertonians will claim he is worth 60 million quid, but he absolutely a bright talent. I think you need to aim your anger at the English-youngster-overhyping media instead of our supporters, most of whom are supporting a rare talent.

Last edited:
.....definitely the best Everton keeper I've seen but I rarely take much notice of what Big Nev says.
I agree, as much as I love and respect Nev as the best goalkeeper of all time and after reading his book he chats utter bubbles.........in the nicest possible way of course

'Complete garbage' -- in itself complete garbage. We've lacked a surging midfielder, one who can rapidly take the ball great distances up the park, for years. We've now got one, albeit needing work on, and we use phrases like that to describe his efforts. As I say, complete garbage. The lad not only hit the only genuine through ball of the night, he also made a number of runs to get you on your feet. He is frustrating and his covering is poor but he gives us something no one else can at the moment (although it was good to see Lukaku trying to imitate him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back