Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
A team containing Barkley and Lennon looks like it might actually produce something positive. We're quite good at winning the ball in the back four/defensive midfield positions but generally lose interest after that. Barkley's ability to find an incisive pass and Lennon's ability to make the right run could be just what we have been waiting for.

Two key passes in a game are often enough to get the three points.
Ross charging forward does leave us exposed and he is prone to losing the ball. But he will get better as he gets more experience.
No doubt he will be on the bench tomorrow while Chelsea zig zag their way beyond Gareth Barry. Did they really give him three year deal at his age?

Definitely something missing with him, most probably confidence as has stopped taking people on and dwells too long on the ball.
Hopefully that will return if we can string a win or two together.

Thought he did alright today. He'd benefit from us playing with 2 wide men too though.

Really? Thought he was pretty poor once again! Don't see what he offers the team at all at the moment especially when he is playing AM and should be the one making things happen. Just jogs about and doesn't look arsed and that's too often if you ask me. I personally think he is overrated big time

He was awful. I really can't add any more than that. He half heartedly jogs around, doesn't tackle when even just half a yard away form a player. We were basically a man down with him in the side tonight. Not good enough at the moment to be considered for the first team.

He was awful. I really can't add any more than that. He half heartedly jogs around, doesn't tackle when even just half a yard away form a player. We were basically a man down with him in the side tonight. Not good enough at the moment to be considered for the first team.
I agree but the Scottish Messi made that 2, hence the reason Lukaku takes so much flak. The slowness and inaccuracy of their passing is a joy to behold

Don't think he's ever gonna be that type of player.

If it's not going right and his confidence is gone - which it has - he's not gonna be working his balls off to compensate.

There's been plenty of them type of players.

We need a new number 10 in the summer. An actual creative goalscorer rather than fitting players in there because they aren't quite good enough to play anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back