Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he's ever gonna be that type of player.

If it's not going right and his confidence is gone - which it has - he's not gonna be working his balls off to compensate.

There's been plenty of them type of players.

I know mate. So the best thing to do is simply not play him. Or if your gonna play him then you need to coach him the basic principle of closing down. He is simply jogging around like a 14 year old kid, looking very tactically unaware of what he needs to do when he hasn't got the ball.

Absolutely nothing he can do in this poor setup. There's no one in front of him, no one linking with him, no one wide for him.....we don't even break with speed anymore.

He'll be off being all boss for someone else soon enough and everyone will be crying into there cornflakes.

But never mind, we'll still have that annoyance that is naismith getting in people's way!

I know mate. So the best thing to do is simply not play him. Or if your gonna play him then you need to coach him the basic principle of closing down. He is simply jogging around like a 14 year old kid, looking very tactically unaware of what he needs to do when he hasn't got the ball.
Yea he seems to jog towards the man with the ball with no real intention of ever trying to win it. Like he's going through the motions just because he has to.

Don't think he's ever gonna be that type of player.

If it's not going right and his confidence is gone - which it has - he's not gonna be working his balls off to compensate.

There's been plenty of them type of players.
Was it you that compared him to Ozil? That's exactly who he reminds me off right now. He still have the ability and on the ball he was good tonight but he doesn't seem to want to break a sweat.

He doesn't look arsed. Kev is playing for his highlight reel and Naismith is piss poor. Lukaku since he was dropped has looked like a different player but it's only a matter of time before he stops giving a damn.

In a way I don't blame him it must be frustrating when Naismith cheaply gives the ball away again and again.

Hopefully they will turn up for the Europa games.

So what's the deal with young Ross? In cameos he seems sharp then when he starts he seems lost. Like he's afraid to create 'cause that can lead to mistakes. But hey that's the way he can learn, he needs to understand that. Make mistakes, learn from it and next time make the right choice. He needs a run of games at the starting XI so he can cope with it, I don't understand RM from this point of view. He knows this exactly, he gave the chances to Mo and it's a miracle!!! it worked, he develops with each game. Same treatment needs to be done for Ross. Drop Mo for Young Boys, play McCarthy, Barry and Ross.

Remember when he played with Mo in centre midfield against QPR and he ran the show... Martinez then decided to play him on the wing.

head + wall = Everton

When Barkley starts and so does Naismith or eto (early on in the season) we never do well

Would someone care to find out our form when more than 1 of the players mentioned start the game?

So...

Barkley Naismith eto
? Naismith eto
Naismith Barkley
? Barkley eto

I have a feeling it's very bad. Only remember winning once at Burnley

This is down to the factthhey all take up similar positions and are not wingers!
We need 2 wingers on the pitch as mentioned by a lot of people on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back