Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can just see it next season,the media waxing lyrical about how he was Groomed by Moyes and given his chance bla bla
When Ginge is trying to take him off us.

He's certainly getting about at the moment. Poster boy for the new badge and the new kit, not to mention getting some press with the U20s. I think the club know he is about to become a household name.

If any doubt had creeped in about Barkley, the arsenal and England u20 games have reminded me why I was excited about this lad. That ability to pick it up in the final 3rd and skip by a player or 2 with a bit of skill is very Rooney like IMO. Of course he's not Rooney but he's definately saved us millions. He's gonna be really good I'm sure!

This will be his breakthrough year and I bet Martinez is licking his lips at the prospect of using him this season. I do hope we don't see another Rooney saga tho, another special youngster leaving too soon would finish me off !!

If any doubt had creeped in about Barkley, the arsenal and England u20 games have reminded me why I was excited about this lad. That ability to pick it up in the final 3rd and skip by a player or 2 with a bit of skill is very Rooney like IMO. Of course he's not Rooney but he's definately saved us millions. He's gonna be really good I'm sure!

This will be his breakthrough year and I bet Martinez is licking his lips at the prospect of using him this season. I do hope we don't see another Rooney saga tho, another special youngster leaving too soon would finish me off !!

I think the fact Moyes was overly cautious with him was a blessing really, I fully expect Martinez to help with his confidence because of the way he is as a manager, I think he'll feature in the team a lot more but I think either next season or the one following that will be his year of proving the potential we've all heard of.

Don't think a Rooney situation will happen unless one of the big teams bid for him and we slip out of the top half of the table, I don't see us slipping out of the top half of the table at all.....

So anyone know what happens with Barkley now regarding pre-season break etc?

Obviously the players come back from there breaks today but the likes of Barkley, lundstrum etc have been away playing in the WC and will no doubt get a break themselves but how long? Pre season friendly's start in a couple of weeks and you would think Martinez wants to see plenty of Barkley.

I remember an interview with Barkley saying he won't get a Holliday this year but wasn't bothered as he was just looking forward to impressing the new boss. Maybe just a short break??

So anyone know what happens with Barkley now regarding pre-season break etc?

Obviously the players come back from there breaks today but the likes of Barkley, lundstrum etc have been away playing in the WC and will no doubt get a break themselves but how long? Pre season friendly's start in a couple of weeks and you would think Martinez wants to see plenty of Barkley.

I remember an interview with Barkley saying he won't get a Holliday this year but wasn't bothered as he was just looking forward to impressing the new boss. Maybe just a short break??

i dont think the players are back today, should be later in the week.
id say the u-20 WC players will prob get 2 weeks or so now to lie on a beach.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ance-says-England-Under-20-coach-Peter-Taylor

[h=1]England Under-20 coach Peter Taylor: “Ross Barkley really is world class at times,” he says. “He is going to be a great player with the way he turns defenders and runs at people.”[/h]

I just find it amazing that people can watch him and think anything other than this.

He startles me with his talent and has done since I first saw him. He's freakishly talented.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but some of the grief Barkley gets on here boggles my mind.

I just find it amazing that people can watch him and think anything other than this.

He startles me with his talent and has done since I first saw him. He's freakishly talented.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but some of the grief Barkley gets on here boggles my mind.

He was brilliant in the U20 World Cup i thought and he had some ****e around him, imagine him next season with the likes of Mirallas, Pienaar, Gibson etc around him, along with that, Martinez' attacking style, he could well be up for PFA YPOTY IF he get the games he deserves.

Centre midfield is the hardest position on the pitch to master, he is still very young. He will make mistakes in that position, that is to be expected. But, as long as learns from them, I have no issue with a player of his age doing mistakes.

He needs game time in the premier league, I hope he gets it from the off next season.

I know its Gerrard, but he never really made the break through till he was 20 years of age, for quite a while he never made the break through properly due to nerves and a lack of experience. It takes time at this level to perform in centre mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back