Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you think that then carry on ,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7433144.stm

Moyes wins Rooney book libel case

Everton manager David Moyes has accepted substantial libel damages over claims made in Wayne Rooney's autobiography "My Story So Far".

The writ had claimed the publication "injured his professional and personal reputation" and caused him distress.
Moyes had objected to the account of how Rooney came to leave Everton and sign for Manchester United.
Speaking after the hearing Mr Moyes said he was glad that his name "had been fully cleared in this matter".
Ian Monk, spokesman for Wayne Rooney, said that all the costs and damages were being paid by the publishers HarperCollins.

Solicitor Edward Parladorio, for Moyes, told Mr Justice Eady, sitting at the High Court, that in the book his client was accused of "a serious breach of trust towards a young player under his management".
He said Moyes was accused of leaking a private and confidential conversation about the star's intention to leave Everton to a local newspaper, the Liverpool Echo.

Mr Parladorio told the court that the allegation was "wholly untrue".

"Mr Moyes was not the source, direct or indirect, of anything in the article," Mr Parladorio said.

"There was no breach of confidence or betrayal of trust by Mr Moyes."

Sarah Toolan, solicitor for the defendants, said her clients accepted the allegation was untrue and "sincerely apologised to Mr Moyes for the distress and embarrassment caused".

After the hearing, Mr Moyes released a statement which said: "Anyone who knows me well would, I hope, regard me as a man of honour and integrity.

"I was disappointed and wanted people to know that what had been written was completely untrue.
"I felt that I had no choice but to take action for a full apology and damages."

Mr Moyes said he would be donating the money to the Everton Former Players Foundation, but said he bore his former player no ill feeling.

He added: "All of the above said, we have now moved on and I wish Wayne and his family all the best for the future both on the field and off it."

It is understood to have been the first time that a Premiership manager has sued one of his former players for libel.

Mr Monk said: "All costs and damages in this case are being met by the publishers, HarperCollins, who have acknowledged that their libel proof-reading of the passage complained of did not meet their usual standards."

Rooney, 22, was the world's most expensive teenager when he joined Manchester United in September 2004 for an initial fee of £20m.

His autobiography was published in August 2006.

Not sure what you're trying to argue here Blue Fox. Foot Long Hot Dog is right.

Firstly, please stop discussing rep in the Everton forum.

Secondly, I'm sick of hearing about David Moyes. He is not our manager, he is at another club, "Alice doesn't live here anymore".

Moyes is getting talked about in relation to Barkley, because of the difference in the way Martinez is handling him compared to how Moyes handled him. I'd say it's a perfectly legitimate take to have on the situation.

As for your other point, I've PM'd you.

Last edited:
Any chance you can have a go at the people at people abusing it instead of me?

This is a great forum, but people shouldn't be afraid of posting stuff in case they get negative rep.

Also Moyes is getting talked about in relation to Barkley, because of the difference in the way Martinez is handling him compared to how Moyes handled him. I'd say it's a perfectly legitimate take to have on the situation.

That really is their problem. It's no one else's.

Jocks Down Syndrome Tiger avatar is better than yours lad.

Can you live with that knowledge?

To go all conventional and on topic, does anyone else reckon Ross is a bit better than Jonjo Shelvey like?

This isn't a best Kenny avatar competition lid. Just show appreciation for the mite.

Now ban him Gman ffs.

Watching that yesterday it was clear that more senior players where happy to just defer responsibility to Ross and give him the ball. Pienaar especially. It's good that that they trust him enough to do that. says a lot about his mindset that he was happy to take he responsibility too.

Here's a few angles of his goal yesterday.

w1FkKel.gif

WKigk5v.gif

bWBXH4v.gif

xFOc5ir.gif

WdsuLgi.gif

Last edited:
Hate to bring their names up, but Ross's performance yesterday smacked of a young Gerrard or Lampard, most notably the scorching finish on his goal.

Firstly, please stop discussing rep in the Everton forum.

Secondly, I'm sick of hearing about David Moyes. He is not our manager, he is at another club, "Alice doesn't live here anymore".

Is right Grouch. Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back