Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I like about Barkley is he's the opposite of Rodwell. He tries to make stuff happen and believes in himself. Ok, he may lose the ball sometimes but it's the only way he's going to learn and improve.

I think Rodwell was a good player but didn't have that drive, belief in himself to be more assertive on the pitch. I think Moyes' safety first philosophy stalled his development too. I don't think Ross is going to have that problem.

Barkley can still go either way.

I just hope when he hits a bad patch or burns out people understand that and give him time.

Rodwell would have been a different player under Robby, Im certain of it.

Without that rusty nut control freak in charge (thanks Walken) I'm thinking how good things would be if Rodwell and Barkley were in the same midfield, throw Felli in the mix too and an electric paced wideman who can cross the ball ... now you're talking.

Thought the midfield looked a bit congested at times today, lacks balance on the right side of centre.

It's hilarious to see people slate a good manager like this.

Basically what you're saying is **** the new singings off we got in with the Rodwell money and persist with a young player the majority of our fans wanted shut of for the right price.

Not only that, but you dream up a midfield that looks brilliant on paper but would get torn apart in the premier league.

Thought he was brilliant again yesterday. Creative and intelligent, if only we had more like him.

Thought he did ok and always looked to go forward and be positive in his play. Looked decent when on the ball, he's a strong lad and got good feet, but what annoyed me about him yesterday was he didn't do enough to get into good space in the attacking third so we could give him the ball to make things happen.

And too many times he gave the ball straight back to the passing player first time which was usually backwards and sideways, which slowed the momentum of our game down instead of turning on the ball and looking to make things happen

But give him the games and the confidence will grow and so will he as a player!. You can see he's going to be a player.

It's a shame Pienaar's getting on. I could see him, Barkley, Mirallas and Baines forming an ace foursome, abusing back lines with their quick passing ability and skillz, given some time to gel a bit more.

It's a shame Pienaar's getting on. I could see him, Barkley, Mirallas and Baines forming an ace foursome, abusing back lines with their quick passing ability and skillz, given some time to gel a bit more.

A bit like Baines, Pienaar, Fellaini and Arteta used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back