Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
They couldn't afford him!

50 mill for Wayne Rooney mate. You know we would bite anyone hand of for 30 +.

Anyway sorry i brought this up, want to enjoy the lad, football, the media and money just irks me at times.

Its a magic thing seeing one of our own making that type of a break through - which really is the story.

Every Evertonian should be massively proud of and for Ross.

Hate to bring the Moyes thing up again(well not really!) but four consecutive games and Ross is on his way to the World Cup.

Barkley hated him apparently, you only have to look at quotes like this to realise it:

‘Every day I had been at Everton, David Moyes was there and everything I did was based around trying to impress people so they would tell him.
‘I owe (Moyes) everything.

Read more: http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2013/08/barkley-i-owe-moyes-everything/#ixzz2eCE9rAOr
Follow us: @nsno on Twitter | nilsatis on Facebook

Barkley hated him apparently, you only have to look at quotes like this to realise it:

‘Every day I had been at Everton, David Moyes was there and everything I did was based around trying to impress people so they would tell him.

Read more: http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2013/08/barkley-i-owe-moyes-everything/#ixzz2eCE9rAOr

That quote is taken in isolation. If you read the full thing, it reeks of a player padding on a bit of praise for Moyes at the end of an interview where he bemoaned the lack of chances he received.

So the greatest England talent since Pele had to try and impress the Manager to get noticed.

Interesting.

As im sure a lot of people know, I was a big fan of Moyes, but his handling of Barkley was utterly shocking.

I used to argue when people talked about the youth, "Its not like we are holding back Messi", but in this case, it is really what we did.

As im sure a lot of people know, I was a big fan of Moyes, but his handling of Barkley was utterly shocking.

I used to argue when people talked about the youth, "Its not like we are holding back Messi", but in this case, it is really what we did.

He wouldn't even give him twenty minutes at the end when the likes of Osman and Neville was playing crap or Osman looking worn out. That was criminal.

Yep, and when we were down to Chelsea and he threw him on. Then he didn't bring him on for a cup game where he could have got valuable minutes; preferring Hitzlsperger, even though we were well in the lead.

Shocking indictment on Moyes as a manager. Barkley is the obvious one, but it does make you wonder how many more prospects have been killed off during their development during his 11 years here.

How did he play last night ?

He was very good. Intelligent movement into space non-stop, always available for the pass, wonderful touch and shot nearly resulted in a goal.

The odd loose touch but no more than anyone else on the field. Overall, he took to international football like a duck to water.

Well that settles it then, as I'm sure if Ross didn't like Moyes he would have said it in an interview.

'Dat Moyes is a right **** lad'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back