Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
DM youth system at EFC = failure - Jack Rodwell was the only youth player who got a chance imo - Coleman sent out on loan while we persevered with Tony Hibbert after the best debut I have ever seen as substitute v Spurs on RM radio station - DM quoted the shirt is his = dropped! then sent out on loan to Blackpool where he was outstanding helping them to promotion - Holloway tried to buy him! - Duffy played 3-4 games was outstanding = dropped - sent out on loan - Even as far back as Osman when we were very low in the premiership we ended up 17th that season a young Leon Osman was out on loan a fan on 606 had seen a display from him and asked what the hell were EFC playing at not using him as as he was a great midfielder !- Then Ross Barkley outstanding away to Arsenal = dropped - also he gave a pen away v Blackburn banished even from the subs bench - again sent out on loan - we had to put up with players played out of position DM's older favourites PN- JH - TH - JB all past there sell by date yet DM suffered them for too many years - the we had a young Victor scored 2 v Newcastle United at home = dropped for James Beattie who played nearly every game that season and scored one pen while Victor and Vaughn sat on the bench to most blues disbelief - Vaughn is now scoring freely again!- Gosling left on the pitch when attaining a bad injury again enthusing DM youth policy then the mess over his contract where we got no fee - DM in my eyes was a dithering Manager who did as well as Gordon Lee and nothing more with a bit of adventure he may have took us higher - good riddance to him and I hope he flops at UNT and do not want to see him anywhere near our club ever again!He has treated us badly over the Felli and Baines transfers unforgettable if the cushions were still allowed in the Goodison road stands he would get pelted with then on his return with United in the old days! If he still has his job as it is near the end of the season !!!!!

If I was a mod I'd infract anyone who says:

"He'll be gone in a year"
"Man U, Chelsea or City will be in for him"
"Moyes' next target"

etc. etc. etc.......

Do we have to do this? We all know it's inevitable that he'll be linked with the big clubs if he continues at this rate, but he's ours, he's a blue, and he's utterly boss. He might well move on at some point and if he does we'll get daft money for him.

I find it amazing that in the space of a couple of months he's gone from "not good enough" in many of our fan's eyes, to "too good for us". Can't we have something in between FFS? IS THERE NO MIDDLE GROUND ANY MORE?

Let's leave all that speculation sh*t to the papers.

The more people keep saying he will go, he will go. If we don't speak like that and talk about how is he ours etc then he will stay.

If I was a mod I'd infract anyone who says:

"He'll be gone in a year"
"Man U, Chelsea or City will be in for him"
"Moyes' next target"

etc. etc. etc.......

Do we have to do this? We all know it's inevitable that he'll be linked with the big clubs if he continues at this rate, but he's ours, he's a blue, and he's utterly boss. He might well move on at some point and if he does we'll get daft money for him.

I find it amazing that in the space of a couple of months he's gone from "not good enough" in many of our fan's eyes, to "too good for us". Can't we have something in between FFS? IS THERE NO MIDDLE GROUND ANY MORE?

Let's leave all that speculation sh*t to the papers.

I actually don't think he will go anywhere, very naïve comment I know but....

If Martinez plays him as much as possible he knows he has game time.

Most likely he will go onto being our star player -- and hopefully in a good passing side with youth coming through...like the time when Beckham came through at UTD.

IF, and it may be a big if, over the next 3 seasons we manage to get into the top 4 we could actually build a team around him.

Its amazing what a run of games in the team can do for you.

He hasn't given the ball away in dangerous areas, he hasn't cost us goals, he's been tracking back and doing well at that side of the game and his knees haven't exploded.

We all saw the talent he had, we all heard the excuses as to why he "wasn't ready". But he got given a chance and thus far has taken it, thats all he needed : a chance.

The next player who gets a chance, it might not work, he might not be good enough but you need to give them the chance either way because if you don't, well, we'd still be playing some washed up 33 year old who used to be good.

Hes given the ball away a few times in dangerous areas bro.

Not this season he hasn't unless i missed it.

Examples? I mean examples like experienced older pro Osman failing to pass the ball 5 yards from a free kick back to Jags in our own defensive third at Norwich, proper things like that.

Hes given the ball away a few times in dangerous areas bro.

He did two or three times v Cardiff, but his judgement and decision making will improve quickly if he is actually playing in the first team. Youngsters will make mistakes through naivety, trying to do the wrong thing which I'd much prefer to making mistakes cos you're sh*te, like certain other midfielders from our recent history.

I don't mind a player giving the ball away as long as he busts a gut trying to win it back, which he did on a few occasions against Norwich, WBA and Stevenage. Don't worry lads, he's awesome and he's only going to get better.

Yep, if he does lose it, he runs after to get it back, instead of the usual arms up in the arm crying at a team mate that most players do and if something doesnt come off, he will still try something else 2 minutes later.

The World is his oyster.

Defo City.

Watched the whole game last night. As for Barkley, first game in full England shirt, did well enough score 6.5.

However I see more than that, I see the future replacement for Gerrard in the England team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back