Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put a bit of a positive spin on this, I Think he is going to come back into a side that might be starting to feel the effects of EL footy. They might be a bit fatigued and Ross coming back in could give a bit of a lift.

I think Bobbys positivity is infectious.

i doubt our squad will be feeling the effects in two months time - if they do we're in massive trouble.

but yeah, in a way, same as Suarez last year - he may be fresher going into the business end compared to the rest.

I suppose you have to train like you're going to play and I don't blame Barry but was it really necessary the day before the season starts. Bloody unlucky.

You could say Ross was to blame, just as much as Barry. 50-50 ball according to Martinez

"It was such an innocuous challenge and very unfortunate. Gareth Barry was challenging the ball, but it wasn't a bad tackle," the Spanish coach explained.
"They both collided the ball, the force came back and that opened the ligament. It was unfortunate just because Gareth had the knee closed when he challenged, and Ross had the knee open, so you can imagine the forces on the ball.
"I would like to think that nobody would like to
pull out of a challenge like that. I hope we don't lose that in training, we want to train the way we play with that much intensity.

Funny though that I nominate someone for it and get banned from here for weeks, pretend you are doing it for a noble cause and it becomes a phenomenon? I was ahead of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back