Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besic got annoyed because he lost the ball and took it out on Barkley, it was captured on film regardless of what Martinez said.

Avengers-Hulk-Loki-1337008016.gif

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-22_12-36-48.webp
    upload_2014-8-22_12-36-48.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 101
You could say Ross was to blame, just as much as Barry. 50-50 ball according to Martinez

"It was such an innocuous challenge and very unfortunate. Gareth Barry was challenging the ball, but it wasn't a bad tackle," the Spanish coach explained.
"They both collided the ball, the force came back and that opened the ligament. It was unfortunate just because Gareth had the knee closed when he challenged, and Ross had the knee open, so you can imagine the forces on the ball.
"I would like to think that nobody would like to
pull out of a challenge like that. I hope we don't lose that in training, we want to train the way we play with that much intensity.

I didn't say Barry was to blame. In fact I said I didn't blame Barry. The point I was making was that it really wasn't necessary to train this way the day before the season starts. If anyone I blame Martinez but not really even him. It was just unlucky.

You seem to half read things and then misrepresent what I'm trying to say so you can pick holes in it. Could you knock it off.

I didn't say Barry was to blame. In fact I said I didn't blame Barry. The point I was making was that it really wasn't necessary to train this way the day before the season starts. If anyone I blame Martinez but not really even him. It was just unlucky.

You seem to half read things and then misrepresent what I'm trying to say so you can pick holes in it. Could you knock it off.

Whoah, was not having a go at you fella.

Just saying it was a 50-50 by the sound of it. One of them things really, it happens

You could say Ross was to blame, just as much as Barry. 50-50 ball according to Martinez

"It was such an innocuous challenge and very unfortunate. Gareth Barry was challenging the ball, but it wasn't a bad tackle," the Spanish coach explained.
"They both collided the ball, the force came back and that opened the ligament. It was unfortunate just because Gareth had the knee closed when he challenged, and Ross had the knee open, so you can imagine the forces on the ball.
"I would like to think that nobody would like to
pull out of a challenge like that. I hope we don't lose that in training, we want to train the way we play with that much intensity.
The intensity they were showing was trying to make up for the lack of it throughout pre season.

I think it's one of the problems with modern football. Back in the day there was hardly any injuries, the reason being no one was at their peak.

Players are suppose to be 100% fit all the time, and be at their peak. However, when you go past that 100%, that's where problems come.

I think it's one of the problems with modern football. Back in the day there was hardly any injuries, the reason being no one was at their peak.

Players are suppose to be 100% fit all the time, and be at their peak. However, when you go past that 100%, that's where problems come.
Is that mathematically possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back