Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he had a freaking scan yet or is his knee still swollen?

Maybe it wasn't really a tackle by Barry/Besic, maybe he was stung by a hornet and has had an allergic reaction.

A crap film?

I'll pretend I didn't read that.

Rocky 4 is not crap, it's one of the greatest movies ever made.

It is to films what lungworms are to dogs.

Just because you think something is true doesn't make it so.

As your opinion of Rocky 4 is proving here.

Rocky 4 is one of the best bad films ever made.

And as confusing as that sounds, it's a good thing, trust me.

Cannot believe I missed this debate. The movie can be summed up thusly:

1) Rocky talks to a sentient robot butler.
2) Rocky beats a roided-up Communist super-soldier by bench pressing logs in the mountains.
3) Rocky ends 50 years of nuclear brinkmanship with a Barney speech about friendship and spirit.

As a curious, ironic novelty like Tiptoes or Waterworld, it might be good for a laugh and it's marginally better than Rocky 5. But there will always be a blank space between Rocky 3 and Rocky Balboa in my boxset. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

2) Rocky beats a roided-up Communist super-soldier by bench pressing logs in the mountains.
3) Rocky ends 50 years of nuclear brinkmanship with a Barney speech about friendship and spirit.

As a curious, ironic novelty like Tiptoes or Waterworld, it might be good for a laugh and it's marginally better than Rocky 5. But there will always be a blank space between Rocky 3 and Rocky Balboa in my boxset. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

The roided up Russian is an Evertonian. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00tw8b0

I didn't say Barry was to blame. In fact I said I didn't blame Barry. The point I was making was that it really wasn't necessary to train this way the day before the season starts. If anyone I blame Martinez but not really even him. It was just unlucky.

You seem to half read things and then misrepresent what I'm trying to say so you can pick holes in it. Could you knock it off.

The point you were making is silly though, the manager chooses how to train. It´s perfectly normal to train pretty much like you´d play in a game, and bizarre to question something the club is doing based on basically....nothing, as you don´t know how hard or unnecessary the tackle may have been. You then even more bizarrely just say you don´t blame anybody and it was just unlucky.

So why post the negative POV with the negative slant in the first place. You are just adding to the general nonsense on here at this time of year.

Could you knock it off ;)

Punch yourself in the face, please.

Whats wrong with you perverts, forget rocky, its all about 'over the top'. Whats better than sly having to arm wrestle to win the love of his son and get a new truck

The point you were making is silly though, the manager chooses how to train. It´s perfectly normal to train pretty much like you´d play in a game, and bizarre to question something the club is doing based on basically....nothing, as you don´t know how hard or unnecessary the tackle may have been. You then even more bizarrely just say you don´t blame anybody and it was just unlucky.

So why post the negative POV with the negative slant in the first place. You are just adding to the general nonsense on here at this time of year.

Could you knock it off ;)

It's not nonsense to suggest that they shouldn't be tackling in training hard enough that it injures one of our players the day before the season starts.

Sorry, mate. Opinions and all, but you're just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back