Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. @Eggs knows he is one of the very very few posters I take notice of on players and that, but that validation is just brilliant.

He is no Ross Barkley though!

.......mindful this is a Ross Barkley thread, last word re Stones - I stand to be shot down in my praise (although reassured by @backintime1945) but he oozes class both on and off the pitch. Without being cruel, Barkley doesn't show the same intelligence. You wouldn't see Wayne Rooney on University Challenge but he's a smart footballer. I fear it may be something Barkley lacks.

.......mindful this is a Ross Barkley thread, last word re Stones - I stand to be shot down in my praise (although reassured by @backintime1945) but he oozes class both on and off the pitch. Without being cruel, Barkley doesn't show the same intelligence. You wouldn't see Wayne Rooney on University Challenge but he's a smart footballer. I fear it may be something Barkley lacks.
Wayne Rooney has always struct me as quite a smart guy when you hear him speak before and after the games.

Just been watching this again:

So many clever moments. Even in the last few games when he's not been great, he's put some fabulous passes on a plate. He definitely has the vision I think.

Edit: as a bonus, here he is sticking a middle finger up at Ivanovic the only way he knows how:

Ah loved it when he put the ball through Ivanovic's legs to waste a couple of seconds when they had a free kick.

You know what Spurs fans love? Harry Kane scoring about a billion goals and dragging them towards the top 4.

He's defiitely become more conservative since Woy stuck his beak in with comments about him giving the ball away too often.

Ah loved it when he put the ball through Ivanovic's legs to waste a couple of seconds when they had a free kick.

You know what Spurs fans love? Harry Kane scoring about a billion goals and dragging them towards the top 4.

Harry Kane's a striker and I bet he'll have a crap season after this one

Status
Not open for further replies.