Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was poor today but has been fantastic in every other game so I won't hate on him just for one game.

I agree that he was our best midfield player but his failure to attack the coleman centre was
the turning point. A goal then would have changed the atmosphere.
But he has real talent and unlike the rest of them he is capable of greatness.

I said in the summer with the chances of top 4 a long shot
I would like to have seen Martinez bite the bullet and play him deep in a 2 either with McCarthy or who ever and let him learn and grow into that position
And while Barry and McCarthy have had some good performances
If we are conceading goals what's the point of 2 holding midfielders
Don't get me wrong them 2 aren't the only reason we are conceading goals
I think cleverly will help as he's prepared to get forward
We need more class players in the attacking part of our team to help to likes of Ross del and lukaku
Imagine payet & yarmalenko in our team

no they aren't his set pieces have been pretty good, a big improvement in the last few games, creating clear cut chances

Oh yeah my eye site mustn't be very good every as set piece was superb today!!?? and none hit the first man not once

go were again

You choosing who you bash regardless of the facts.
McCarthy, Barry, Jagielka... The latter two especially have been very, very good this season. They were poor today, I can't argue with you, but there's no perspective to anything you say. You don't give them any credit when they play well, which dilutes your "constructive" criticism of them when they play poorly. You're blinded to the positives they bring because of their inability in certain aspects of their game. What's the alternative? Oh wait...
Ive just seen your point about Gibson being the better player than both McCarthy and Barry...yet the only basis you have for that is a collective approximate 20mins in two seasons. It's quite laughable imo mate. Gibson is a bad crock who obviously has ability but fails to look after himself outside of football which leads to him not being able to be of use to the team. But yet he gets your loyalty and support?!
And then you call @Dithering Dougie, who even if you don't agree with him like I do on most, is at least supportive of the players on the pitch rather than bashing them, "damo".

As I say, the midfield pair today were poor...as was every single player on that pitch. It's why we got tonked 3-0 by an average utd side.

Oh yeah my eye site mustn't be very good every as set piece was superb today!!?? and none hit the first man not once
there really is something wrong with the modern football fan, when your taking a corner and trying to hit it with pace and swerve, it's a difficult skill, some will hit the first man, but every set of fans in the country whinges about this like it is unique to their club, its just something that happens, generally his corners were decent, his free kcks very good, a long way from being awful

You choosing who you bash regardless of the facts.
McCarthy, Barry, Jagielka... The latter two especially have been very, very good this season. They were poor today, I can't argue with you, but there's no perspective to anything you say. You don't give them any credit when they play well, which dilutes your "constructive" criticism of them when they play poorly. You're blinded to the positives they bring because of their inability in certain aspects of their game. What's the alternative? Oh wait...
Ive just seen your point about Gibson being the better player than both McCarthy and Barry...yet the only basis you have for that is a collective approximate 20mins in two seasons. It's quite laughable imo mate. Gibson is a bad crock who obviously has ability but fails to look after himself outside of football which leads to him not being able to be of use to the team. But yet he gets your loyalty and support?!
And then you call @Dithering Dougie, who even if you don't agree with him like I do on most, is at least supportive of the players on the pitch rather than bashing them, "damo".

As I say, the midfield pair today were poor...as was every single player on that pitch. It's why we got tonked 3-0 by an average utd side.

McCarthy has been a bit crap so far this season and playing him and Barry together just doesn't really cut it in terms of creativity.

I think Barkley would benefit with another more creative player next to him in midfield with one of either Barry or McCarthy covering... Not both

there really is something wrong with the modern football fan, when your taking a corner and trying to hit it with pace and swerve, it's a difficult skill, some will hit the first man, but every set of fans in the country whinges about this like it is unique to their club, its just something that happens, generally his corners were decent, his free kcks very good, a long way from being awful

You must of watched a different game mate his set pieces were awful today.. Its a hard skill to take a corner come on there professionals and shouldn't hitting the front man on nearly everyone like today

You must of watched a different game mate his set pieces were awful today.. Its a hard skill to take a corner come on there professionals and shouldn't hitting the front man on nearly everyone like today

Iirc he curled in a couple of great free kicks today.

As for hitting the first man, Baines/Mirallas have been no better at taking corners than Barkley for ages now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back