Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You choosing who you bash regardless of the facts.
McCarthy, Barry, Jagielka... The latter two especially have been very, very good this season. They were poor today, I can't argue with you, but there's no perspective to anything you say. You don't give them any credit when they play well, which dilutes your "constructive" criticism of them when they play poorly. You're blinded to the positives they bring because of their inability in certain aspects of their game. What's the alternative? Oh wait...
Ive just seen your point about Gibson being the better player than both McCarthy and Barry...yet the only basis you have for that is a collective approximate 20mins in two seasons. It's quite laughable imo mate. Gibson is a bad crock who obviously has ability but fails to look after himself outside of football which leads to him not being able to be of use to the team. But yet he gets your loyalty and support?!
And then you call @Dithering Dougie, who even if you don't agree with him like I do on most, is at least supportive of the players on the pitch rather than bashing them, "damo".

As I say, the midfield pair today were poor...as was every single player on that pitch. It's why we got tonked 3-0 by an average utd side.
right let me stop you right there, it's not regardless of the facts, it's an opinion, don't be so high and mighty, it's an extremely off putting characteristic when debating with someone.

I don't agree Barry has been 'very very good' this season, he's been okay, but regardless my main points were about how the manager set his team up and I'm very happy to debate this issue, and his selections made it impossible or very unlikely to get the best out of ross, I used the same point for Rom, my main complaint was with the manager and that was the theme of my posts through the match day thread, I did single Naismith out as he was beyond terrible, someone I've saying isn't good enough for us and you've been defending, so not surprising you've left him out of your quite selective post, as it doesn't suit you're argument very well.

So my opinion on Gibson, when fully fit being a finer footballer than macarthy or barry, why is that based on 20 minutes? not the two previous seasons? My post was pretty much a defense of Martinez deciding not to use him, as i stated in that post we have no clue what state Gibson is in, again very selective in your argument, determined to paint me in a certain light.

As for Douglas, he's a wum of the highest order, I doubt he believes half of what he types, the fact you can't see that is pretty funny, the fact you always agree with him is even funnier, he argues in the same fashion as damo, boring people into submission with the same nonsense over and over again

boring people into submission with the same nonsense over and over again

Oh the irony!

The point Is you continue to bash two players particularly. The midfield two. What more of a basis, more of an insurance policy do you want to give Ross Barkley than an energetic player to win the ball back in McCarthy and a ball player like Barry who constantly feeds him the ball in high areas. It's for Barkley to move, to show for the ball. He, along with Lukaku as you mention are the main components of our attack, they aren't immune from criticism. I agree with most that Lukaku was good today for the first twenty minutes, but Barkley was especially poor.

Yet you blame Barry and McCarthy?

I find it odd.

Oh the irony!

The point Is you continue to bash two players particularly. The midfield two. What more of a basis, more of an insurance policy do you want to give Ross Barkley than an energetic player to win the ball back in McCarthy and a ball player like Barry who constantly feeds him the ball in high areas. It's for Barkley to move, to show for the ball. He, along with Lukaku as you mention are the main components of our attack, they aren't immune from criticism. I agree with most that Lukaku was good today for the first twenty minutes, but Barkley was especially poor.

Yet you blame Barry and McCarthy?

I find it odd.
Go through all the McCarthy threads, I am not a consistent 'basher' of his, I don't particulary like barry as a footballer, the post you quoted 'here we go again' in a extremely patronising style I had not mentioned those two players, as with all my posts in the match day thread my complaint was the midfield set up, we picked 4 safe options out of 5, in that midfield Barkley would have to skin 3 players each time he got the ball to thrive, and its really not that complicated to work out why, and McCarthy and barry were too flat yes, that doesn't mean I would never pick them again or even next week, but this utter obsession the manager has with them playing every single minute, in that exact shape and set up, if you can't see that's not a healthy thing then theres no hope for you

right let me stop you right there, it's not regardless of the facts, it's an opinion, don't be so high and mighty, it's an extremely off putting characteristic when debating with someone.

I don't agree Barry has been 'very very good' this season, he's been okay, but regardless my main points were about how the manager set his team up and I'm very happy to debate this issue, and his selections made it impossible or very unlikely to get the best out of ross, I used the same point for Rom, my main complaint was with the manager and that was the theme of my posts through the match day thread, I did single Naismith out as he was beyond terrible, someone I've saying isn't good enough for us and you've been defending, so not surprising you've left him out of your quite selective post, as it doesn't suit you're argument very well.

So my opinion on Gibson, when fully fit being a finer footballer than macarthy or barry, why is that based on 20 minutes? not the two previous seasons? My post was pretty much a defense of Martinez deciding not to use him, as i stated in that post we have no clue what state Gibson is in, again very selective in your argument, determined to paint me in a certain light.

As for Douglas, he's a wum of the highest order, I doubt he believes half of what he types, the fact you can't see that is pretty funny, the fact you always agree with him is even funnier, he argues in the same fashion as damo, boring people into submission with the same nonsense over and over again

Come on @Del if you can't say anything nice about someone don't....

Iirc he curled in a couple of great free kicks today.

As for hitting the first man, Baines/Mirallas have been no better at taking corners than Barkley for ages now
I know mate not just getting at Barkley it just frustrates me we get corners free kicks to create good chances and more often than not we don't create much

Go through all the McCarthy threads, I am not a consistent 'basher' of his, I don't particulary like barry as a footballer, the post you quoted 'here we go again' in a extremely patronising style I had not mentioned those two players, as with all my posts in the match day thread my complaint was the midfield set up, we picked 4 safe options out of 5, in that midfield Barkley would have to skin 3 players each time he got the ball to thrive, and its really not that complicated to work out why, and McCarthy and barry were too flat yes, that doesn't mean I would never pick them again or even next week, but this utter obsession the manager has with them playing every single minute, in that exact shape and set up, if you can't see that's not a healthy thing then theres no hope for you

I, not for them playing every single minute, but Besic, Osman, Gibson are all for a variety of reasons not the answer. That is? Purchasing new options. What's stopping us? Money.

you don't need to say you don't like Barry as a footballer. It's clear. And as I say it dilutes your more valid points.

did some nice things, have a look at the five players he was in the center of, he will never thrive in that set up, we may need to sack roberto and get roy hodgson in to see the best of him
I find myself agreeing with you with disconcerting frequency today. I bet you are a formidable barrister, having any jury in the palm of your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back