Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does barkley has a stroll when his boyhood team is under attack? I just don't get it the way he is a different player when he is on the ball and when is he off the ball? What ever sentimental value I have of barkley being an evertonian is deteriorating rapidly. The manager or the player need to change something. Anyone telling me he's young and will learn don't bother until you can vault me!

On the NBC broadcast of today's mention, the play-by-play guy noted that Barkley said he doesn't practice free kicks. That seems bad, considering he's been the primary free-kick taker this year.

Is that possible? Please tell me that's not possible.

Why does barkley has a stroll when his boyhood team is under attack? I just don't get it the way he is a different player when he is on the ball and when is he off the ball? What ever sentimental value I have of barkley being an evertonian is deteriorating rapidly. The manager or the player need to change something. Anyone telling me he's young and will learn don't bother until you can vault me!
in the top 20 in the league for ground covered you drunken biff

Martinez has also obviously reduced the amount of defensive responsibility the kid has so that he can put more of his energy into attacking and also so he gives us an outlet on the counter.

Can we vault you already regarding his performance against the RS? He had a bad game yesterday because United defended against him very well. He was against very good players lead tactically by one of the best defensive managers in the world. This will happen at his age. He has the potential to become unplayable week in week out and on his day he already can be but at this age he's not yet consistent. Even Mata and Silva have off days and just look at Hazard this season so far! He was the best attacker in the league last year and what's he done this season? Probably less than Ross has!

agree to an extent but if the lads behind him i.e mccarthy in particular were actually doing that which is what there in the team for then barkley wouldnt need to go charging around like a headless chicken hunting the ball down, its not his game and never will be, if he was part of a 2 man midfield then he'd have to do alot more but name me a player in his position who doesn't stroll round when they dont have the ball

He can't defend basically. When he tracks back he basically does so to occupy space and doesn't break his neck to intercept or throw a tackle in.

But honestly I don't see why that should be his job, and why people are judging him on this? He's an attacking midfielder tasked with linking up play - what's the point of playing two defensive midfielders if you need to have your one central link up player tracking back to the edge of his own box and flying around making tackles?

Anyone who criticises him as "lazy" simply don't understand football I'm afraid.

He can't defend basically. When he tracks back he basically does so to occupy space and doesn't break his neck to intercept or throw a tackle in.

But honestly I don't see why that should be his job, and why people are judging him on this? He's an attacking midfielder tasked with linking up play - what's the point of playing two defensive midfielders if you need to have your one central link up player tracking back to the edge of his own box and flying around making tackles?

Anyone who criticises him as "lazy" simply don't understand football I'm afraid.
Just wish he wouldn't waste the energy in running the twenty yards to not make the tackle.

He refused to make a single tackle yesterday and pulled out of every single 50/50.

I suppose we forget how much that broken leg has affected him mentally.

Good point. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I swear he was far more aggressive in the tackle when he first appeared in the team.

Good point. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I swear he was far more aggressive in the tackle when he first appeared in the team.

Maybe Besic has been lashing the tackles in.

Also dont forget the injury he got at the start of last season.

These things play on a young lads thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back