Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez has also obviously reduced the amount of defensive responsibility the kid has so that he can put more of his energy into attacking and also so he gives us an outlet on the counter.
Which makes you wonder why he was matched up with Ings in the Derby.He's not a great header of the ball,so on corners he should really be outside the box looking to spring a counter.

Well done !

It seems Barkley can defend like an actual midfielder due to his ground covering
You did not mention the word defending, your complaint was he strolled around, I told you he has covered plenty of ground and is in the top 20, you made out the top 20 is no big deal, I showed it was, then your complaining all stats are meaningless, and now you are having to move your argument again, you've really embarrassed yourself here

You did not mention the word defending, your complaint was he strolled around, I told you he has covered plenty of ground and is in the top 20, you made out the top 20 is no big deal, I showed it was, then your complaining all stats are meaningless, and now you are having to move your argument again, you've really embarrassed yourself here

Your right, I made right mess with myself simply and will drop the handbags. :)

But still think manager or player need to change something to their game

Any criticism of McCarthy is shouted down along the lines of 'he's a DM, he shouldn't be criticised for not being able to pass forward or score goals'. Apparently the reverse is not true for Ross though, he is expected to be the perfect player in attack and defence.

The lad is played out of position and puts in a huge amount of work making up for the incompetence behind him and yet still manages to be our best midfielder, all the time shouldering the moaning of fans that is only reserved for academy lads.

Must be galling for him having to watch Barry and McCarthy do f all every game yet get showered with praise for every sideways pass whilst he bears the brunt for the teams entire creativity as gets nothing but disgruntled moans.

Anyone else think that African Historically's Nigerian heritage is probably the root cause of all the 'disgruntlement' among fans?

Lukaku and Barkley: Chastised as 'lazy'
Osman and Naismith: "Cracking little players, always give 100%"

The 'Evertonians Defending Lukaku' rest, m'lud.

Racism Surreptitiously :(

Anyone else think that African Historically's Nigerian heritage is probably the root cause of all the 'disgruntlement' among fans?

Lukaku and Barkley: Chastised as 'lazy'
Osman and Naismith: "Cracking little players, always give 100%"

The 'Evertonians Defending Lukaku' rest, m'lud.

Racism Surreptitiously :(
Maybe you should start a "which Everton striker is the laziest" thread and poll to confirm your suspicions.

Why does barkley has a stroll when his boyhood team is under attack? I just don't get it the way he is a different player when he is on the ball and when is he off the ball? What ever sentimental value I have of barkley being an evertonian is deteriorating rapidly. The manager or the player need to change something. Anyone telling me he's young and will learn don't bother until you can vault me!
Do you not think for one second that he's perhaps, *gasps* following instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back