Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no time for Sterling but in that crazy season the RS had with the Uruguayan rat leading the line Sterling was excellent. He had real quality in his output and often led breakaway for Sturridge and Suarez to finish off. If only for the one season he had achieved something that Barkley hasn't yet.

I'd swap Barkley for Sterling tomorrow.
It's funny how last year sterling wasn't quite as good and was very poor the last 3months
With no sturidge Suarez and a finished Gerard

And this year he's surrounded by world class talent even though his goals and assist tally isn't much different to Barkley so far

I have no time for Sterling but in that crazy season the RS had with the Uruguayan rat leading the line Sterling was excellent. He had real quality in his output and often led breakaway for Sturridge and Suarez to finish off. If only for the one season he had achieved something that Barkley hasn't yet.

I'd swap Barkley for Sterling tomorrow.

I'm not saying Sterling isn't a good player, but other than pace I really don't see what he offers.

He's good on the ball and a decent finisher, and is good at getting himself in goalscoring positions (his pace is the major factor in this) and he can stretch opposition defences. But he's not a particularly strong passer and he often runs himself down blind-alleys.

Barkley, while his decision making is probably not there yet, has the attributes to be a better player IMO.

I'm not saying Sterling isn't a good player, but other than pace I really don't see what he offers.

He's good on the ball and a decent finisher, and is good at getting himself in goalscoring positions (his pace is the major factor in this) and he can stretch opposition defences. But he's not a particularly strong passer and he often runs himself down blind-alleys.

Barkley, while his decision making is probably not there yet, has the attributes to be a better player IMO.
He's Shawn Wright Phillips Mark II

Thing with Sterling is he peaked early on.... We are still waiting on Ross.... However it is entirely possible Sterling can progress even further and be better than Ross when they are at their best..... But you can't really compare as their roles are so different... Sterling doesn't need the passing game, he is the one people should pass to

Thing with Sterling is he peaked early on.... We are still waiting on Ross.... However it is entirely possible Sterling can progress even further and be better than Ross when they are at their best..... But you can't really compare as their roles are so different... Sterling doesn't need the passing game, he is the one people should pass to

Disagree here mate. Forget armchair Fifa 16 pundits but both Sterling and Barkley both play subordinate attacking roles linking the core midfield defence/ball winners to the main striker. Both need to pass and be effective decision makers. Don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back