Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point mate
I'm pretty sure he played the number 8 role at youth level was never really a number 10
And the likes of mata Oscar silva coutinho
They all probably played in the 10role at a young age to learn the position as in a lot of countries it always been an important position on the pitch

That position is only really getting noticed now in the English game at youth level

Makes me laugh how Ross geri & Rom get a lot of stick off some fans
Would they rather go back to seeing the likes of kilbane, McFadden and guyue on the wing
Anichebe & beattie upfront
Or Neville and heitinga in the midfield
Ross needs to raise his pointing game to reach Phils level

Why does this Charlie guy hate Barkley so much
I mean, if he liked him, even a little bit - he would't even consider selling him, let alone for 30m
Clearly hates him

Some of the negativity about Ross from fellow blues makes me shake my head in despair. Sure he aint perfect but NO footballer ever will be, forgive him his mistakes and bloody enjoy him whilst we can.

We will have to enjoy him while we can because if there is any hints that he wants out then there will be plenty of teams that will want to put up with his sh!teness and there fans would enjoy his sh!teness.

So in the squad atm:

2 players who've had testimonials: Osman & Hibbert
1 player due one next year: Howard
2 due in 2 years time: Jags & Baines (Pienaar unlikely to be around then, also left to Spurs, but still has been around the club for ages)
and then Coleman if he were to receive another long term contract and finish it would be eligible in 4 years time

This is so rare, and so good.
To be a club with such a strong identity and correlation with players that every 2nd year there's a testimonial - that's something to be proud of. And because of this maybe for someone like Ross he wouldn't be interested in leaving.
Selling him for 30m because maybe in the future he won't be worth more? Nah, that's not Everton.

I don't understand how anyone can expect more from Barkley at this stage. He's obviously improving week by week, by adding goals and creating more chances in his game.

The point is though that if Barkley has a "quiet" game but still plays like he did and we score 6 goals, then how can anyone complain?

It's like saying Rooney and Tevez were terrible because they didn't score as many while Ronaldo scored 40 odd goals and Man United won the CL. It's a team sport and some of the comments on here make me wonder if anyone has watched it in the last 10 years lol

He's definitely benefitted from having more quality around him (Del, Kone and Rom).

He's added the ability to dictate tempo and run the game for us to his game imo. Before he would have a quiet game and not do much if he didn't score or assist. This year he's been much better, even when he's quiet on the goals and assists front he still moves the ball and dictates our tempo. Plays key passes as it were

I don't understand how anyone can expect more from Barkley at this stage. He's obviously improving week by week, by adding goals and creating more chances in his game.

The point is though that if Barkley has a "quiet" game but still plays like he did and we score 6 goals, then how can anyone complain?

It's like saying Rooney and Tevez were terrible because they didn't score as many while Ronaldo scored 40 odd goals and Man United won the CL. It's a team sport and some of the comments on here make me wonder if anyone has watched it in the last 10 years lol

He's definitely benefitted from having more quality around him (Del, Kone and Rom).

I think Del takes the pressure of being our main creative threat off him too, which can only be a good thing. No team should be relying on one man every game to create goals if they're trying to be remotely successful.

Some of the negativity about Ross from fellow blues makes me shake my head in despair. Sure he aint perfect but NO footballer ever will be, forgive him his mistakes and bloody enjoy him whilst we can.
You should have heard the slagging Kevin Sheedy got back in the 80s because he couldn't tackle!!!!
That Messi lad ain't all that in the air imo!!

He was average previous season with flashes of quality, but little more than a Rodwell or Gosling, but you could see that in there he had the potential to become a Rooney.
I think this season he has made the leap from potential up to serious player.

I laughed when City bought Rodwel, didn't really care about losing Gosling, was made up we offloaded Anichebe because they were all potential that was clearly not likely to emerge.

Barkley is the real deal imo, was still potential last season, but has shown a bit more consistency and is having great games, instead of a few great moments in games.

Keep him till he retires a wealthy, trophy laden, Everton superstar

He was average previous season with flashes of quality, but little more than a Rodwell or Gosling, but you could see that in there he had the potential to become a Rooney.
I think this season he has made the leap from potential up to serious player.

I laughed when City bought Rodwel, didn't really care about losing Gosling, was made up we offloaded Anichebe because they were all potential that was clearly not likely to emerge.

Barkley is the real deal imo, was still potential last season, but has shown a bit more consistency and is having great games, instead of a few great moments in games.

Keep him till he retires a wealthy, trophy laden, Everton superstar

Great way of putting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back