Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFC , I think, have the worst record of scoring from corners and free kicks. why? Because Barkley takes them.

He really does not apply himself to try to strike the ball cleanly and with pace. Last week was bad but this week away from home , his corners and that free kick were crap. The centre backs trundle up and it rarely gets to them. The only time he got a decent corner Funes made a decent effort. How can you contually underhit corners week after week?
haha we were no better with arteta or baines taking them.

EFC , I think, have the worst record of scoring from corners and free kicks. why? Because Barkley takes them.

He really does not apply himself to try to strike the ball cleanly and with pace. Last week was bad but this week away from home , his corners and that free kick were crap. The centre backs trundle up and it rarely gets to them. The only time he got a decent corner Funes made a decent effort. How can you contually underhit corners week after week?
ask Leighton Baines...

not in the final Moyes years...at some point around 2010 our setpieces became awful, regardless who's taking them.

Perhaps it's because Cahill and Lescott were no longer here?

For some reason we have a bunch of big lads who can't seem to get to a ball. Yet a player like Alcaraz was always getting his head to the ball on set pieces. Funes Mori seems like he might have it in him too.

Actually one of the pleasing things about Cleverley is that he can hit a decent corner.

Everytime StevieG took a corner you could expect something; with Barkley you know he is going casually kick it to the first
opposition shirt he can spot or he takes a short corner and we lose possession.

For some reason we have a bunch of big lads who can't seem to get to a ball. Yet a player like Alcaraz was always getting his head to the ball on set pieces. Funes Mori seems like he might have it in him too.

the point wasn't about Cahil/Lescott, it was about us being shyte at setpieces for ages, regardless who's taking them.

I hate to say it, but apart from Rom we often don't have much courage in the side...to attack a ball with the head you need courage. That plus poor delivery from setpieces equals shyte.

the point wasn't about Cahil/Lescott, it was about us being shyte at setpieces for ages, regardless who's taking them.

I hate to say it, but apart from Rom we often don't have much courage in the side...to attack a ball with the head you need courage. That plus poor delivery from setpieces equals shyte.

I understand your point about the poor set pieces. However, my point is that we don't have the same sort of players we used to who were good at receiving a cross.

For all of his faults, Alcaraz was always getting his head on crosses from set pieces. It was really uncanny.

I understand your point about the poor set pieces. However, my point is that we don't have the same sort of players we used to who were good at receiving a cross.

For all of his faults, Alcaraz was always getting his head on crosses from set pieces. It was really uncanny.

good point! soz i missed it somehow, Cahill/Lescott both had that courage, the delivery still needs to be a lot more consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back