Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you related to Barkley? He was poor today. Full stop. But this media craze of inspiring armchair experts to elevate a lad to greatness means he doesn't get subbed when he should.

Martinez needs to bench Barkley for a while and task him to come on and make an impact in a few games before reclaiming his starting spot.

Not related no. But forgetting who he is and what we all know he can do I believe he had a steady game. Like I said his free kicks were poor but overall he was trying to make things happen, he was available for passes and he moved the ball on OK. Not a brilliant display but certainly not poor. Now look at him as you see him...should be beating the 10 outfield players and smashing it in the back on the net or playing killer passes everytime he had the ball then Yes you are right he was useless but you are measuring him against what you know he is capable of rather than what he did. If that's the case then thank god you were not around the seasons after Dixie scored 60 because in comparison all his other seasons were crap....am I right?

Barkley seems to bring out the "I used to play with someone better than him" in some fans, not because they did , but because he's scouse.

Reality check. The lad is far beyond anything anyone on this site has ever played with or against. Stop using the most naturally home produced talent aside from Rooney that we have had in the last 40 years as a means of venting some frustration that only a failed 'career' can answer.

Barkley was utter crap today.
Should of been taken off

Should of been took off when Mirallas came on

Exactly right. His passing was atrocious. He found West Ham players more often then not and put us under pressure time and time again.

As much as I love Barkley on the ball, the problem is how LAZY he is. Lazy both physically and mentally.

His work off the ball is non-existant, he canters around with zero urgency. Once he gets the ball his is either alert and make the right decision or he is off with the fairies and makes the simplest thing look hard.

Needs a royal kick up the arse!

Deulofeu is showing up Barkely massively. He should be the one putting through those balls to Lukaku..

No question Barkley has talent but he still makes poor decisions. Apart from awful deadball delivery, he often finds himself in a forward position and instead of driving on and injecting some speed and urgency into the move, he stops and squares up to the defender. At that point, everyone knows that he won't go on the outside but goes inside and defensive reinforcements have arrived.

Exactly right. His passing was atrocious. He found West Ham players more often then not and put us under pressure time and time again.

As much as I love Barkley on the ball, the problem is how LAZY he is. Lazy both physically and mentally.

His work off the ball is non-existant, he canters around with zero urgency. Once he gets the ball his is either alert and make the right decision or he is off with the fairies and makes the simplest thing look hard.

Needs a royal kick up the arse!

Deulofeu is showing up Barkely massively. He should be the one putting through those balls to Lukaku..

He doesn't look lazy.

@chicoazul

Imagine not thinking that Ross Barkley is an ace young player and massively important to Everton developing into success though.

Barkley is all of that and more. Has natural gifts you just can't coach. It's his inability to do the simplest of things that frustrates.... things we all know he's capable of doing in his sleep.

Lost count how many times he gifted the ball to the opposition, when under no pressure.

Barkley is all of that and more. Has natural gifts you just can't coach. It's his inability to do the simplest of things that frustrates.... things we all know he's capable of doing in his sleep.

Lost count how many times he gifted the ball to the opposition, when under no pressure.

This. It's not a crime to tell the truth. He has talent undoubtedly but fans lord him too much. He hasn't shown anywhere near enough yet to warrant these platitudes.

We could swipe a kid of a beach in Rio and put him in a blue shirt and swoon on his ball juggling all day long. There needs to be an output. Barkley's final ball is often far too poor.

He needs to be benched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back