Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. It's not a crime to tell the truth. He has talent undoubtedly but fans lord him too much. He hasn't shown anywhere near enough yet to warrant these platitudes.

We could swipe a kid of a beach in Rio and put him in a blue shirt and swoon on his ball juggling all day long. There needs to be an output. Barkley's final ball is often far too poor.

He needs to be benched.

Not benched but benched when not playing well. Like others have posted, yesterday was the perfect example....

His footballing ability is so good it's unbelievable. It's effortless for him to control a ball and beat 2 or 3 players, it's after this he struggles with his final ball. His work rate off the ball is terrible, no one wants him to run round pressurising every player that gets the ball but a little bit of effort to try and win a ball back off a player 5 yards away would be nice.

Because he can beat players so easily the fans love him and therefore he's beyond criticism.

He's still having a much better season than last and once his decision making improves he'll be an incredible player. That doesn't mean you can't say anything when the lad has a poor game.

His footballing ability is so good it's unbelievable. It's effortless for him to control a ball and beat 2 or 3 players, it's after this he struggles with his final ball. His work rate off the ball is terrible, no one wants him to run round pressurising every player that gets the ball but a little bit of effort to try and win a ball back off a player 5 yards away would be nice.

Because he can beat players so easily the fans love him and therefore he's beyond criticism.

He's still having a much better season than last and once his decision making improves he'll be an incredible player. That doesn't mean you can't say anything when the lad has a poor game.
I've been saying that for a while and I'm glad other people are seeing it as well.

The amount of stick some are giving him now is pathetic, so he had 1 quiter game and now he is lazy and not that good!?!

He still has more assists and goals than any other player

Wish he'd stop taking set pieces. Can't wait til Baines is back, or Mirallas.

We are the only team in the league not to score from a set piece. He is the reason why.

Why do people think it's a certainty that this lad will improve? He's 22 soon. Rodwell didn't improve from that age, neither did Rooney, Vic, Vaughan etc. I think it's far from a certainty.

Why do people think it's a certainty that this lad will improve? He's 22 soon. Rodwell didn't improve from that age, neither did Rooney, Vic, Vaughan etc. I think it's far from a certainty.

on the flipside Zidane, Zlatan, Cronaldo and a few more all got worlds better after age 22. Obviously not saying Ross is gonna be anywhere near their level, but his development might follow a similar trajectory.

the touch and turn near the start of the game where he got the shot off was utterly majestic. I would take him off free kicks though, gives funes a go the loveable heart throb. Deula has surely got a nice shot on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back