Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley is all of that and more. Has natural gifts you just can't coach. It's his inability to do the simplest of things that frustrates.... things we all know he's capable of doing in his sleep.

Lost count how many times he gifted the ball to the opposition, when under no pressure.

Barkley is an enigma...the exact opposite of, say, Alan Ball. The real strength in Balls game was that he could be relied on to do the simplest things like pass and move consistently correctly. Barkley sometimes shows a flash of exceptional talent, but a lot of the time he completely messes up the simple things. And I wonder if, every time he recieves a pass, his first instinct is to pass the ball straight back from were it came?

Strange how for some peopale he needs to be a world beater every game to gain any respect.

In Barkley we have a real gem in our ranks, and he will get better and better. Thankfully we have a manager that believes in him and is prepared to work with him to rid some of his flaws, not a manager who shatters confidence because you have one bad game.

Trust me, this lad is special

Barkley is an enigma...the exact opposite of, say, Alan Ball. The real strength in Balls game was that he could be relied on to do the simplest things like pass and move consistently correctly. Barkley sometimes shows a flash of exceptional talent, but a lot of the time he completely messes up the simple things. And I wonder if, every time he recieves a pass, his first instinct is to pass the ball straight back from were it came?

That's definitely not his first instinct Steve. His first instinct is to turn and run. What he's learning atm is when and where he can turn and run, or when to release it (sometimes back to where it came ).

He was awful yesterday imo, hasn't looked sharp since he came back from.international duty. Do I want him in the side? Damn right I do because he offers something no other player does,is still learning and is going to get better.

Still.wouldn't mind him throwing in a tackle every now and then though ;)

Ross needs to be benched for a few games, he look uninterested, watched players run past him and offered very little again.

Starting him from the bench for the next game would be the best medicine for him now. I,d put Gerry in the 10 spot and shift Lennon out wide.

He undoubtedly has the skill set to be a top, top player, but yesterday he gave the ball away more often than not and I lost count of the number of attacks that broke down with him.

Lostball Muchly

He's having a good season so far, and is starting to fulfill his potential, but for me his Achilles heel is still his lack of work rate off the ball. He's still letting players wander past him, not tracking back hard enough and until he addresses this aspect of his game he'll not be the finished article for me.

I'd say, apart from a couple of games , that's been his way all season.
It starts this way Charlie,......but then you find yourself in the Mirrallas thread asking to sell him, then in the Tim Howard thread defending the world's worst goalkeeper, and finally in the buy Bill a balloon/plane thread talking right out of your anus about how Bill has looked after the club. It's not too late to stop.

That's definitely not his first instinct Steve. His first instinct is to turn and run. What he's learning atm is when and where he can turn and run, or when to release it (sometimes back to where it came ).

He was awful yesterday imo, hasn't looked sharp since he came back from.international duty. Do I want him in the side? Damn right I do because he offers something no other player does,is still learning and is going to get better.

Still.wouldn't mind him throwing in a tackle every now and then though ;)
Agreed with your points above, But as far as tackling goes ,the FA should show a film of ross to young players starting, out saying if you tackle like this lad you will get your leg broken (twice).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back