Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with your points above, But as far as tackling goes ,the FA should show a film of ross to young players starting, out saying if you tackle like this lad you will get your leg broken (twice).

I actually think he's told not to tackle as well mate which in turn means he goes into tackles more half arsed and is more liable to be injured.

I never seen the tackle that Andre Wisdom dome to give him the double break so can't be sure if it was a full blown tackle or just an impact where both players go for the ball.

One things for sure though, mentally Ross looks like a kitten when it comes to challenging a 50/50 ball or going in for a header. I don't like comparing players but if you look at the likes of Aguero, Sanchez, Rooney, Suarez - they hound the opposition into mistakes so the turn over of the ball is quicker. Ross simply let's people stroll past him likes it's a game in the park on a Sunday

If he could add that aggression to his game ( whether he has the stamina to do this is a different matter ) it would certainly add to his overall contribution.

I actually think he's told not to tackle as well mate which in turn means he goes into tackles more half arsed and is more liable to be injured.

I never seen the tackle that Andre Wisdom dome to give him the double break so can't be sure if it was a full blown tackle or just an impact where both players go for the ball.

One things for sure though, mentally Ross looks like a kitten when it comes to challenging a 50/50 ball or going in for a header. I don't like comparing players but if you look at the likes of Aguero, Sanchez, Rooney, Suarez - they hound the opposition into mistakes so the turn over of the ball is quicker. Ross simply let's people stroll past him likes it's a game in the park on a Sunday

If he could add that aggression to his game ( whether he has the stamina to do this is a different matter ) it would certainly add to his overall contribution.
He seems to have a bit more about him when he represents England. Like you I wonder what he is being coached/told to do at everton

He seems to have a bit more about him when he represents England. Like you I wonder what he is being coached/told to do at everton

Just always stuck in my head McGeady saying he was told not to track back and ignore defensive duties and I've always wondered if the rest of them up top get told the same? Or maybe Ross is just plainly crap at tackling so is told not to even try.

I did notice he was still planted in the middle of the six yard box when West Ham was taking corners, though. I'd really rather see Lukaku there and Ross outside the penalty area looking to trigger a counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back