Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mum. By common consensus he's having a little dip in form. Why wouldn't you give him a start on the bench in the next game and bring him on with a half hour left?

Because you don't need to bench a player if their form dips. It's not like his form is costing us goals - which is why many were calling for say, Howard, to be dropped. The best way for Barkley to re-find his form is with game-time.

Thanks mum. By common consensus he's having a little dip in form. Why wouldn't you give him a start on the bench in the next game and bring him on with a half hour left?

No mate, he really isn't - he had one bad game! His Sunderland performance was excellent, which everyone except you for some reason recognises.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2015/nov/ross-barkley-everton-run-riot-against-sunderland

The reason I wouldn't bench him is because I'm not utterly nuts. He's made us tick for the majority of this season. The alternative is Naismith, and for all the good things Naismith can do, asking him to be a playmaker is just about the stupidest idea ever. Or it would be, if you hadn't have suggested Gibson at the same time!

Because you don't need to bench a player if their form dips. It's not like his form is costing us goals - which is why many were calling for say, Howard, to be dropped. The best way for Barkley to re-find his form is with game-time.

I disagree mate. Goals count for the same at both ends. Barkley keeps making poor choices of late and looks disinterested. He needs a kick up the backside.

I didn't say that. Read the post my good man.
Only you did old bean. You said he needed benching with Gibson coming in. You didn't say as a straight swap positionally, but the outcome you were advocating was that Ross sat on the bench whilst Gibbo was in the starting XI.

Go have a lie down mate.

Some people are proper clueless on here. Yeah the lad had a crap game, lets drop the one player who looks to pass forward and move the ball at pace for us.

Young players by nature are inconsistent. But he's performed well this season, and doesn't deserve to be dropped just yet.

Naismith can't pass the ball more than 5 yards and so is definitely the answer.

No mate, he really isn't - he had one bad game! His Sunderland performance was excellent, which everyone except you for some reason recognises.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2015/nov/ross-barkley-everton-run-riot-against-sunderland

The reason I wouldn't bench him is because I'm not utterly nuts. He's made us tick for the majority of this season. The alternative is Naismith, and for all the good things Naismith can do, asking him to be a playmaker is just about the stupidest idea ever. Or it would be, if you hadn't have suggested Gibson at the same time!

Don't quote a FA PR jobby as proof Barkley had a good game!

I'm not suggesting like for like replacements with Naismith or definitely Gibson.

Only you did old bean. You said he needed benching with Gibson coming in. You didn't say as a straight swap positionally, but the outcome you were advocating was that Ross sat on the bench whilst Gibbo was in the starting XI.

Go have a lie down mate.

Firstly I am lying down already. And you Mar says Hi.

We have, for once, a decent array of attacking players. I'm suggesting the line-up could be re-jigged with Barkley benched in favour of others coming in. That's all.

Firstly I am lying down already. And you Mar says Hi.

We have, for once, a decent array of attacking players. I'm suggesting the line-up could be re-jigged with Barkley benched in favour of others coming in. That's all.

He's done nothing to deserve being benched, and the other alternatives to him, are all inferior to the lad.

So you're trying to say that Barkley didn't have a good game vs Sunderland then?

This was his opinion on his Sunderland performance.

Ross was shocking today in my opinion. I know he's a young lad and never hid away but the output just wasn't there.

It doesn't make you a bad blue to acknowledge what's staring in front of you.

I'm not doubting his skill or potential by the way just on some occasions - like today - he is so frustrating it's criminal.

Seriously :lol:

As I said at the time - No I definitely do not think he had a "good" game against Sunderland.
Did he not score a worldy lad?
Oh boo hoo, must have been crap then.
Doesn't have to score or assist to have a good game, kept things moving and ticking for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back