Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of quotes from a west ham forum :

"Won't be long before the CL teams come after Barkley either.
Thought he was superb yesterday, always on the move , always available."

"Barkley has it all , heart was in my mouth every time he was on the ball, very gazzaesque"

"Personally, having seen him for that lot a few times now, Barkley is the sort of player I'd be building England plans around, rather than default underachieving Arsenal crocks"

"I thought Stones and Barkley were excellent for them, Barkley in particular was involved in everything."

Last edited:
Couple of quotes form a west ham forum :

"Won't be long before the CL teams come after Barkley either.
Thought he was superb yesterday, always on the move , always available."

"Barkley has it all , heart was in my mouth every time he was on the ball, very gazzaesque"

"Personally, having seen him for that lot a few times now, Barkley is the sort of player I'd be building England plans around, rather than default underachieving Arsenal crocks"

"I thought Stones and Barkley were excellent for them, Barkley in particular was involved in everything."

Charlie won't like reading them mate :)

Agree totally. It's also why I think we've missed Pienaar so much. As well as his link-up with Baines, he also provided another attacking outlet to link with Barkley.

In my mind Pienaar is finished - forgotten what he was like as a player its been that long. Pity because he was a proper footballer.

In my mind Pienaar is finished - forgotten what he was like as a player its been that long. Pity because he was a proper footballer.

Agree. Think he could be useful for one or two games but his body is giving up a bit in terms of injuries I feel. But Cleverley does have a bit of the same aspects about him in terms of freeing up space and moving the ball quickly.

Agree. Think he could be useful for one or two games but his body is giving up a bit in terms of injuries I feel. But Cleverley does have a bit of the same aspects about him in terms of freeing up space and moving the ball quickly.

Poor Cleverley will be the new Naismith/Kone/McGeady/Osman boo boy if he doesn't perform as he was when he comes back.

Still too many fans reeling over spending £0.00 on a transfer fee for an England international who impressed SAF that much that he decided not to pursue Schneider. Lets hope he doesn't suffer the same drop in confidence that he did after Kevin "Nice lad but wants to break your legs" Davies - he was flying for United up till that point.

some of our fans are ridiculous sometimes Ross Barkley is our main man everythink is starting to go threw the boy he's always availble he scores assits and assits the assister which is what pienaar was so good at

some of our fans are ridiculous sometimes Ross Barkley is our main man everythink is starting to go threw the boy he's always availble he scores assits and assits the assister which is what pienaar was so good at

but he's a scouser with a crew cut and he doesn't fly into tackles like a scouser (see Nolan, Gerrard, Barton)

Being from Liverpool what is meant to happen is that at the age of 10 the lads play on barren wasteland with a ball made up of rolled up newspaper, its not uncommon for these games to see lads require 100 stitches after doing a sliding tackle over broken brick. Only when it goes pitch black is the game ended - any player leaving the field of play before then has to play football barefooted the next match.

Doesn't matter if you have the skills of Messi - if you don't fly into tackles, you don't make it lid.

You also have got to remember he's the only centre mid who can run 50yrds with the ball from our half to the edge of the oppositions box
And will draw players towards him leaving more space
And the laying it off like he did to McCarthy for one of kone's goals

McCarthy & Barry aren't going to run 50yrds then lay it off to Ross

Mate the bit you highlighted was really a mistake - Barkley's pass to McCarthy was terrible. Only a bit of great skill converted it to a chance for Kone.

The way people slate the lad for making a few mistakes amazes me, it's as if people think we should just get rid and wait for a new Barkley to come along any time soon not once in a generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back