Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just do not like Hodgsons involvement with him. HE DOES NOT LIKE ROSS BARKLEY.

Just like David Moyes would love a team of Kevin Kilbanes - Hodgson would love a team of James Milners.

I think Ross will know that "nice guy" Roy does not like him and I think Hodgson is trying to take any flair out of Barkley. Barkley needs a Venables/Bobby Robson England manager.
Except he's kept him round the squad and tried to integrate him into the first team and cut his teeth at international level. And refining Ross' game isn't squeezing the flair out of him.

Doesn't like him, yet has had him in every squad even when his form has been utterly dreadful.

Yes - that's what puppet boy Hodgson has to do... he got the England job on the premise of bringing the young lads along. Does that mean he plays him right or treats him right? - of course he doesn't. Even when he plays well he puts cautionary dampners on the lad - just in case he gets some confidence and really flourishes.

The press are onto this. He is an awful manager who would sooner play Phil Jones at right back ahead of Clyne when he was flying for Southampton.

Yes - that's what puppet boy Hodgson has to do... he got the England job on the premise of bringing the young lads along. Does that mean he plays him right or treats him right? - of course he doesn't. Even when he plays well he puts cautionary dampners on the lad - just in case he gets some confidence and really flourishes.

The press are onto this. He is an awful manager who would sooner play Phil Jones at right back ahead of Clyne when he was flying for Southampton.
I don't agree with everything he's ever done but he's nowhere near as bad as you are making out. English national football is at a low ebb and Hodgson is in fairness looking to develop a nucleus of young players.

And calling him puppet boy just undermines your argument by making you look an idiot.

I don't agree with everything he's ever done but he's nowhere near as bad as you are making out. English national football is at a low ebb and Hodgson is in fairness looking to develop a nucleus of young players.

And calling him puppet boy just undermines your argument by making you look an idiot.

I'm happy for the use of "puppet boy" make me look like an idiot - I could use "yes man" if you would prefer me to change to that??? Then again that would make me a yes man wouldn't it....

Hodgson is indeed trying to develop a nucleus of young players - apparently Barkley has a big job to do to get selected ahead of Fabian Delph and Jordan Henderson... good job Christian Poulsen isn't English and Paul Konchesky is pretty much retired isn't it....

Just a gentle reminder - Roy Hodgson selected Mascherano for the Ballon D'or....

I'm happy for the use of "puppet boy" make me look like an idiot - I could use "yes man" if you would prefer me to change to that??? Then again that would make me a yes man wouldn't it....

Hodgson is indeed trying to develop a nucleus of young players - apparently Barkley has a big job to do to get selected ahead of Fabian Delph and Jordan Henderson... good job Christian Poulsen isn't English and Paul Konchesky is pretty much retired isn't it....

Just a gentle reminder - Roy Hodgson selected Mascherano for the Ballon D'or....
Not helping yourself on the idiot front.

Yeah Roy should build his team around him. Like most of the top international teams do with 21 year olds who have had a handful of good games for their mid table team. Oh wait..

Erm what was wrong with this? Too quick are the limelight goalscorers chosen to be the best player in the world. Mascherano was absolutely imperious for Argentina and arguably dragged them all the way to the WC final as well as winning yet more major honours with Barcelona.

You sire are a plank.

Yeah Roy should build his team around him. Like most of the top international teams do with 21 year olds who have had a handful of good games for their mid table team. Oh wait..

I think Hodgson has a better idea how to use him than Martinez does. Not even bothered about the criticism that gets. Yes he picks rubbish players ahead of him, but when he does play you see him either one of the deep lying two in midfield (a position Martinez barely ever trusts him with) or in a midfield three with Lallana next to him and Shelvey behind him. What you don't see is what he often does for Everton where he gets lost between a midfield two who can't find a pass to him and Lukaku.

When Hodgson does play Ross he trusts him to run the midfield properly from deep. Martinez never trusts him to do this (he doesn't trust anyone but Barry/McCarthy). Rather than a completely free role I think Ross needs responsibility and a set position to become the player we know he can. Just being asked to float between the lines and belt a wonder goal now and then is not the best use of his talents. He should be running our whole team, instead he's often just a very classy accessory at the top of it.

I think Hodgson has a better idea how to use him than Martinez does. Not even bothered about the criticism that gets. Yes he picks rubbish players ahead of him, but when he does play you see him either one of the deep lying two in midfield (a position Martinez barely ever trusts him with) or in a midfield three with Lallana next to him and Shelvey behind him. What you don't see is what he often does for Everton where he gets lost between a midfield two who can't find a pass to him and Lukaku.

When Hodgson does play Ross he trusts him to run the midfield properly from deep. Martinez never trusts him to do this (he doesn't trust anyone but Barry/McCarthy). Rather than a completely free role I think Ross needs responsibility and a set position to become the player we know he can. Just being asked to float between the lines and belt a wonder goal now and then is not the best use of his talents. He should be running our whole team, instead he's often just a very classy accessory at the top of it.

Agree with that mainly tbh. I'd like to see us play a midfield three. Ross, Cleverley and McCarthy should in theory, be able to be high energy with quick passing and fairly solid defensively.

I completely agree with this Martinez praises Ross continually but plays him in a number 10 role presumably because he doesn't trust him to defend while Hodgson plays him deep and occasionally says he has to be more careful with his passing (which he does because he's playing deeper) so basically Martinez says one thing does the other while Hodgson shows that he trusts Ross by playing him regularly in a much more responsible position while reminding him of the responsibilities of that position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back