Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't purely look at stats, football doesn't work like that.

People slating Barkley for not assisting or scoring against Sunderland when he ran the show - everything went through him.

I think his best position is CM, when he is facing the goal, and i'd like to see him there more for Everton.

But he's only 21 and will only improve, people are putting too much pressure on him, he's having a great season but this article is saying he's suffering from bad form.

Some fans on Roms lack of first touch and ability to hold up the ball and sporadic work rate - "he's there to score goals, what do we want? another Marcus Bent"

Some fans on Barkleys maverick talented ways which can result in losing the ball or creating a goal - "poor decision maker, over rated and doesn't track back"

One cost £28m - makes noises about playing for bigger clubs and gets hero worshipped. The other is a boyhood blue, gets stick and keeps his head down and makes no noises in the press.

He is an utterly brilliant footballer, and those that don't thing that are either bitter RS, or you have just been conditioned to the "English play it safe" players.

Rubbish. He's not utterly brilliant yet at all. Nowhere near it. We all hope he will become a great but there's nothing wrong with having honest opinions - shared amongst fellow fans.

He is an utterly brilliant footballer, and those that don't thing that are either bitter RS, or you have just been conditioned to the "English play it safe" players.

Exactly - you would think that "fans" would have learned by now how to get the best from him.

Stage 1:- Plays against QPR at home and runs the show as a 17 year old - crowd love him, he gets better as the game goes on.

Stage 2:- Plays against Blackburn away, gives away penalty and Moyes takes him off - lad loses confidence and struggles to make an impact in lower leagues where players arent fit to lace his boots.

Stage 3:- Is given proper TLC by Martinez and has a great breakout season and earns place in WC squad.

Stage 4:- Hodgson "berates" him from sideline, is not encouraging of the lad in the WC and the lad returns to us low on confidence.

Stage 5:- The new season sees tired and low confidence Barkley gets stick every time he makes a 5 yard pass instead of beating his man or not doing something great with the ball. Affects the lad and he is given full summer off to recharge, starts season 15-16 on fire and in November starts getting some stick again....

Rubbish. He's not utterly brilliant yet at all. Nowhere near it. We all hope he will become a great but there's nothing wrong with having honest opinions - shared amongst fellow fans.

Players don't have to be 28 with 70 caps and cups, to be brilliant.

He already is a brilliant footballer.

But he's only 21 and will only improve, people are putting too much pressure on him, he's having a great season but this article is saying he's suffering from bad form.

It's not a certainty he will improve. Compared to others he's played an awful lot of senior games at this stage. His weakness at the moment is his decision making and final pass/shot (nobody's asking him to tackle and track back). We all hope he will improve as I've just said above - but you can't keep playing him on the blue eyed assumption he will definitely improve.

It's not a certainty he will improve. Compared to others he's played an awful lot of senior games at this stage. His weakness at the moment is his decision making and final pass/shot (nobody's asking him to tackle and track back). We all hope he will improve as I've just said above - but you can't keep playing him on the blue eyed assumption he will definitely improve.

This is starting to really grate on me, watch all the other attacking midfielers, and they ALL make wrong passes more than you think.

This is starting to really grate on me, watch all the other attacking midfielers, and they ALL make wrong passes more than you think.

Of course they all have to take risks. My point is, currently, Barkley's success ratio in picking the right pass or time to shoot is quite poor.

Surely as an attacking midfielder one of your roles is to pick the hardest passes possible in hope it gives your forwards an easy chance, right? If so I don't mind him misplacing them since he's trying them. If we stop him doing that to keep is % complete up then aside from Geri our strikers are getting absolutely no attempted service.

He ran the show against Sunderland without being anywhere near his best. Granted, against Sunderland, but still he didn't even break sweat.

Against West Ham they marked him well and he still looked a threat at times, but agree it wasn't his best game. If he can re-find his early-season form we could really string a run of results together up to Christmas.

You mean that when people were constantly reminding everyone that Rom was only 21 we were supposed to ignore that and actually consider that he had played well over 100 top flight games by that age???

ah ok. well in which case Ross has only played 88 top flight games - so based on the Lukaku "allowances", he is gonna be a beast, he is special, he is the best midfield talent we have had in 30 years blah blah blah

Just enjoy watching him grow, because other teams are waiting with their cheque book ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back