Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
some people have an intense desire to prove their ability in "understanding" football.

Its kinda like music snobs who will judge a popular modern day classic Album as "average" but start waxing lyrical about radiohead - ignoring the one great song they did in favour of the absolute dross that they pretend to like in order to appear "clever" to their peers.

Lol would love to hear what these modern day classic albums are?

This is starting to really grate on me, watch all the other attacking midfielers, and they ALL make wrong passes more than you think.

Well said. Think Charlie made a judgement about Barkley a while ago and has decided he can't backtrack now so will just continue to say it. Barkley's been great this season. Granted he's not been quite as good in the past month but the majority of the time he's been very good.

As you said, all top players make mistakes. Even players like Hazard are prone to making the wrong decisions at times.

Barkley has improved a lot this season but the best thing he has done in my opinion has built up his confidence in games through playing the short 5-10 yard passes to keep possession. He's learning that he doesn't always have to go on a 20 yard run each time or try a turn when he's on the edge of our box with opposition players around him.

Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of people who clearly don't watch much of him who still come out with this 'liability in his own half' stuff like Neil Warnock, when he's improved that part of his game a great deal.

Barkley needs to give Deulofeu first option on our near oppo goal free-kicks. Geri is better than him.
100% agree. But Barkley would be reluctant to admitting this. Given he plays for England, the media is blowing smoke up his ass, and Ross (who's not the sharpest knife in the drawer) won't relinquish 'top dog' status easily. He's a person gifted of considerable footballing physical talent, but his mental acumen ain't all that. And because he's a bit brain dead, Geri leaves him for dead. So does Rooney (who many blue tinted specs care to draw comparison)

100% agree. But Barkley would be reluctant to admitting this. Given he plays for England, the media is blowing smoke up his ass, and Ross (who's not the sharpest knife in the drawer) won't relinquish 'top dog' status easily. He's a person gifted of considerable footballing physical talent, but his mental acumen ain't all that. And because he's a bit brain dead, Geri leaves him for dead. So does Rooney (who many blue tinted specs care to draw comparison)

I agree that Deulofeu needs to be given equal status on free kicks...they need to sort that out between them really. When Leighton Baines comes back thatll be a three way split. I think its unfair to label Ross a meathead though. His judgement is the only thing that really lets him down...when to be intricate...when to go direct. That's improved and hopefully will continue to do so in time. He hardly throws his weight around as a topdog now.... that will come in time :D

Unreal this Charlie guy
Sticks up for our clown of a keeper
Who costs us points every season

But constantly has digs at a 21yr old
30mil wow

Whoa there Doris. To the best of my knowledge I've never defended Howard on this Web site. I'm not a fan of his by any means.

But yes - £30m and I'd be the first to wave Barkley good bye.

some people have an intense desire to prove their ability in "understanding" football.

s.

I think you've got that the wrong way around mate. I take a very simple approach here. I've played a reasonable level of footy but no more than probably a load on here. I've followed the club for almost 40 years and generally football is my only real sport. I watch it all the time.

I just think Barkley is infuriating in not picking the best pass or shot often enough. He's too greedy in my opinion.

If it came off more often that's another thing but it doesn't.

I think it's his fans who praise his ability to do the simple things really well that all of a sudden makes him an Iniesta or Xavi. Being brilliant without obviously being brilliant. That's over-thinking it isn't it?

As I said above if Barkley had been a £15m acquisition from Wigan and wasn't a local Blue he'd have a lot more harsher critics than he does now.

Lol would love to hear what these modern day classic albums are?

lets just name "definately maybe" - it doesn't take a genius to identify that its an excellent album, therefore the pretentious music snob scoffs and says the words "OK computer".....

Ross Barkley - the "definately maybe" of the non tackling midfielders.

I think you've got that the wrong way around mate. I take a very simple approach here. I've played a reasonable level of footy but no more than probably a load on here. I've followed the club for almost 40 years and generally football is my only real sport. I watch it all the time.

I just think Barkley is infuriating in not picking the best pass or shot often enough. He's too greedy in my opinion.

If it came off more often that's another thing but it doesn't.

I think it's his fans who praise his ability to do the simple things really well that all of a sudden makes him an Iniesta or Xavi. Being brilliant without obviously being brilliant. That's over-thinking it isn't it?

As I said above if Barkley had been a £15m acquisition from Wigan and wasn't a local Blue he'd have a lot more harsher critics than he does now.

Would that be the Iniesta and Xavi that were given loads of time and didn´t become the players they are now famous for being until they were a good few seasons into their careers?

Patience, sorely lacking in the vast majority of football fans IMO.

lets just name "definately maybe" - it doesn't take a genius to identify that its an excellent album, therefore the pretentious music snob scoffs and says the words "OK computer".....

No offence like but lots of people will say its not an excellent album, i.e.: people who don't like Beatles tribute acts and british indie music... of which there are many millions.

you are confusing opinions with facts Peter.

I personally am of the opinions that Ross is boss, and that an album containing Hey you Up in the Sky or whatever its exactly called, isn´t excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back