Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He ran the show against Sunderland without being anywhere near his best. Granted, against Sunderland, but still he didn't even break sweat.

Against West Ham they marked him well and he still looked a threat at times, but agree it wasn't his best game. If he can re-find his early-season form we could really string a run of results together up to Christmas.

Yet the West Ham fans were raving about him.

Why does he need to have done anything ?? I see a player that is class on the ball, and has 2 or 3 players on him, that is a brilliant footballer.

Hang on mate. You've said he was brilliant. I'm just asking you what he's done so far in 100+ games to justify that heavy compliment. I'm not disagreeing that some times he looks the part. But the times it comes off against the times it doesn't worries me. His massive supporters like yourself are arguably guilty of putting too much pressure on him too soon.

Not that I care about England but I actually also think it's a very sad state of affairs that Woy Wodgson is trying to base an attacking team around Barkley.

It's not a certainty he will improve. Compared to others he's played an awful lot of senior games at this stage. His weakness at the moment is his decision making and final pass/shot (nobody's asking him to tackle and track back). We all hope he will improve as I've just said above - but you can't keep playing him on the blue eyed assumption he will definitely improve.

He already has improved though.

You mean that when people were constantly reminding everyone that Rom was only 21 we were supposed to ignore that and actually consider that he had played well over 100 top flight games by that age???

ah ok. well in which case Ross has only played 88 top flight games - so based on the Lukaku "allowances", he is gonna be a beast, he is special, he is the best midfield talent we have had in 30 years blah blah blah

Just enjoy watching him grow, because other teams are waiting with their cheque book ready.

I enjoy watching him do well because I'm a blue. That goes without saying.

As for the cheque book I'd gladly see the club accept £30m in January.

You can't compare Barkley with Rom. The latter is now a proven goalscorer. A lot of the frustration with Rom is his often ridiculous inability to trap a bag of spuds.

Hang on mate. You've said he was brilliant. I'm just asking you what he's done so far in 100+ games to justify that heavy compliment. I'm not disagreeing that some times he looks the part. But the times it comes off against the times it doesn't worries me. His massive supporters like yourself are arguably guilty of putting too much pressure on him too soon.

Not that I care about England but I actually also think it's a very sad state of affairs that Woy Wodgson is trying to base an attacking team around Barkley.

What ?? Pressure on him from me ??

I love watching him play and don't expect anything from him, what he delivers is brilliant football, and quality ability.

You can tell the ones that have never played football (not saying you are one btw), that want 3 goals and 3 assists every game. Sunderland game, he was quality, and against Liverpool he was also the best midfielder on the park.

Its the small things he does, that no other player in our whole squad does, takes the ball from a throw in, with 2/3 players around him, ball sticks.....and he seems to have time on the ball, and ignoring the hodgeson type criticisms of him, he rarely loses the ball....doing that opens up space for his team-mates, THAT is what most don't GET. That is Ross showing his in-game intelligence.

You can't compare Barkley with Rom. The latter is now a proven goalscorer. A lot of the frustration with Rom is his often ridiculous inability to trap a bag of spuds.

For Ross ?????

Proper don't understand the thought process from some supposed Blues. I wouldn't accept anything for Barkley & Stones. Money can be reinvested but once they're gone, they're gone, we have no chance of getting them back. Financially speaking selling Rooney benefited us but look what we missed out on? One of greatest ever English players.

PLEASE APPRECIATE WHAT WE HAVE WHILST IT'S HERE AND HOPE IT NEVER LEAVES YOU TITS

And - Barkley is a proven talent... unless of course you can name many players with his ability to run the ball at pace and take on a player and break through the lines and dribble or shoot from distance with either foot.

So you would take £30m? ah right is that taking into account the "overrated, 1 trick pony, english player" inflation that we seen for Raheem "cant shoot with my left so I dive for a penalty instead" sterling?

Kinda new to this site, but you certainly seem to have nailed your colours to the mast when it comes to Ross, pity really, it will stop you enjoying a truly gifted footballer.

When Ross is looking magic for a top team in the CL, some fans will be happy, because you know "he gave the ball away twice in 1 game once".....

It's not a certainty he will improve. Compared to others he's played an awful lot of senior games at this stage. His weakness at the moment is his decision making and final pass/shot (nobody's asking him to tackle and track back). We all hope he will improve as I've just said above - but you can't keep playing him on the blue eyed assumption he will definitely improve.

Even if he doesn't improve he will still be one of the first names on the team sheet and justifiably. He is one of the better PL players at the moment even with his inconsistencies. I don't think we and most of the country are looking at him through rose tinted glasses we just see him for the positive very good player he currently is. Depends on how you look at players......positively or negatively. I only see the negatives if they are outweighing the positives in players and Barkley has more positives for me. He is just a no brainer good player

For Ross ?????
And - Barkley is a proven talent... unless of course you can name many players with his ability to run the ball at pace and take on a player and break through the lines and dribble or shoot from distance with either foot.

So you would take £30m? ah right is that taking into account the "overrated, 1 trick pony, english player" inflation that we seen for Raheem "cant shoot with my left so I dive for a penalty instead" sterling?

Kinda new to this site, but you certainly seem to have nailed your colours to the mast when it comes to Ross, pity really, it will stop you enjoying a truly gifted footballer.
Unreal this Charlie guy
Sticks up for our clown of a keeper
Who costs us points every season

But constantly has digs at a 21yr old
30mil wow

Unreal this Charlie guy
Sticks up for our clown of a keeper
Who costs us points every season

But constantly has digs at a 21yr old
30mil wow

some people have an intense desire to prove their ability in "understanding" football.

Its kinda like music snobs who will judge a popular modern day classic Album as "average" but start waxing lyrical about radiohead - ignoring the one great song they did in favour of the absolute dross that they pretend to like in order to appear "clever" to their peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back