Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er... are you saying you would prefer Gibson in the starting line-up over Barkley ??

It would need a re-jig I grant you. I do think we're a better team with a fit Gibson in the team.

I'd love Barkley to be in that and play his part too. He needs to step up a bit though on his recent performances though.

It would need a re-jig I grant you. I do think we're a better team with a fit Gibson in the team.

I'd love Barkley to be in that and play his part too. He needs to step up a bit though on his recent performances though.

I'm really sorry if this comes across as in any way offensive, but if you are seriously suggesting that Darron Gibson should start ahead of Ross Barkley, then I despair.

Gibson - in my opinion - is a journeyman footballer, a reasonable passer with the occasional decent shot in him. But he's no tackler, has a distinct lack of pace, and his passing is rarely penetrative or threatening.

Have you ever seen Gibson play a pass such as the two that Deulofeu has recently played for Lukaku to score on against Sunderland and WHU - No.
Have you ever seen Gibson go coast to coast and score the way Ross did at St,James Park - No.
Have you ever seen Gibson take men on in the way that Ross at least tries and mostly, not always, succeeds at - No.

Gibson is a footballer for those who want to play safety-first (Moyesesque) footie, he is not quick, inventive, threatening or inspiring... and he's so injury prone it's unreal.

In the short term I'd have Deulofeu or Naismith. I'd also like to look at a switch to incorporate Gibson - at least until his knees next explode.
Naismith or Gibson Ffs
One can't run and the other one is [Poor language removed]
Moyes has been sacked
Bet you would have him back tomorrow

Moyes would bench Barkley till Xmas if he was in charge but still find a place for Neville & Osman

Interesting that there had clearly been a discussed agenda to use this event to discredit someone. Horrible disrespect and lack of compassion

I'm really sorry if this comes across as in any way offensive, but if you are seriously suggesting that Darron Gibson should start ahead of Ross Barkley, then I despair.

Gibson - in my opinion - is a journeyman footballer, a reasonable passer with the occasional decent shot in him. But he's no tackler, has a distinct lack of pace, and his passing is rarely penetrative or threatening.

Have you ever seen Gibson play a pass such as the two that Deulofeu has recently played for Lukaku to score on against Sunderland and WHU - No.
Have you ever seen Gibson go coast to coast and score the way Ross did at St,James Park - No.
Have you ever seen Gibson take men on in the way that Ross at least tries and mostly, not always, succeeds at - No.

Gibson is a footballer for those who want to play safety-first (Moyesesque) footie, he is not quick, inventive, threatening or inspiring... and he's so injury prone it's unreal.

Not offensive at all :)

I was careful to try and say I didn't see Gibson as a direct replacement. Not at all.

I think Barkley needs time on the bench to sharpen his approach. We've a half decent squad and others need to be given their chance.

Separately - or at least indirectly - I would like to see a fit Gibson on the pitch. I do think he's a very purposeful passer of the ball. I don't expect him to run the length of the pitch like Barkley did in that game - although to be honest I wish Barkley didn't seem to think he too can do that every time either!

I see the introduction of Gibson as offering a more attacking alternative to the McCarthy/Barry duo.

Naismith or Gibson Ffs
One can't run and the other one is [Poor language removed]
Moyes has been sacked
Bet you would have him back tomorrow

Moyes would bench Barkley till Xmas if he was in charge but still find a place for Neville & Osman

I wasn't a Moyes fan at all. I want attacking football. I think Barkley has been poor of late so should be rested to give other attacking talents a chance. Naismith wasn't so bad against Chelsea. A few months ago Kone wouldn't have been considered as a possible starter either. We also have Lennon and Mirallas taking up space on the bench. I'm just saying it can be mixed up a bit.

I wasn't a Moyes fan at all. I want attacking football. I think Barkley has been poor of late so should be rested to give other attacking talents a chance. Naismith wasn't so bad against Chelsea. A few months ago Kone wouldn't have been considered as a possible starter either. We also have Lennon and Mirallas taking up space on the bench. I'm just saying it can be mixed up a bit.
You are the dithering dougie of the the Barkley thread
And like he's finding out with Howard it will end in tears

Give it up mate before its to late

In the short term I'd have Deulofeu or Naismith. I'd also like to look at a switch to incorporate Gibson - at least until his knees next explode.
Barkley for Gibson?

Seriously?

giphy.gif

Barkley for Gibson?

Seriously?

giphy.gif

Drop one of the most talented youth players in England, a natural playmaker who is by general consensus having a great season (highest overall stat in the EFC squad according to Whoscored) and is improving the more he plays...

... for a central midfielder made of glass who has played 18 games in 3 years, getting done for driving under the influence in the interim...

genius.png

anyone still think Sterling is the better player? I watched him yesterday, took a dive in the box because he had to cut in to get on his right foot when he had a clear shot with his left - SWP mark 2. Barkley ain't perfect but blimey, sterling aint a patch on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back